5.1 Surround Audio System (Logitech X-530) via 3.5 Audio jack - No Comply!

flyineyes

I've had the above sound system for almost a decade and it always performs excellent on Win7, Win 10 and several Linux distros, in fact I had it running on Cinnamon Mint just last week. I've scoured the web and found numerous users with exact issue with their 5.1/7.1 sound systems unable to run on W11 via their 3.5 audio jack no matter the W11 flavor.

I've dived into settings and troubleshooting with no resolve, that said I'm willing to go over all again if someone is willing to help me through.
I've been to both Logitech who state that if you plug it in it should be recognized and that there are no drivers for the X-530 or any 3.5 audio jack/analogue components.

I contacted DELL who ran scans etc and couldn't figure it out, I've also connected it to 2 other Windows 11 machines with no luck either, so it's all eyes on Windows 11.
My X-530 is fixed to my workshop walls and I don't intend on purchasing another system just because W11 won't gel with it.
I would greatly appreciate any help offered and thank you for your time and attention,
flyineyes.

Device name DELL Inspiron 15 3000
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3450U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (5.89 GB usable)
Device ID 0FC71FDA-23EF-4838-B003-1B3F10A2F2C9
Product ID 00356-02665-67916-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎1/‎28/‎2023
OS build 22631.3007
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0

Logitech X-530 (M/N S-0114B) PID: A009 (That's everything on the X-530 body)

Last edited:
Hello flyineyes,

I understand the frustration you're facing with your Logitech X-530 sound system not working on Windows 11. It's unfortunate that you've tried several troubleshooting steps and contacted Logitech and Dell without a resolution. However, I'll do my best to help you through this issue.

First, let's try some general troubleshooting steps to see if we can get your sound system working:

1. Make sure the connections are secure: Ensure that all the cables are properly plugged into the correct ports on your computer and the Logitech X-530 system. Double-check the connections to eliminate any loose connections as the cause of the issue.

2. Update audio drivers: Although Logitech claims there are no drivers for the X-530, it's worth checking if there are any audio drivers available for your Dell Inspiron 15 3000. Visit Dell's support website and enter your model number to find and download the latest audio drivers specifically designed for Windows 11.

3. Check audio settings: Open the Sound settings on your computer by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar and selecting "Open Sound Settings." Ensure that the correct audio output device is selected and configured as 5.1 surround sound. You may need to click on the speaker configuration dropdown menu and choose "5.1 Surround."

4. Test with different audio sources: Try playing audio from various sources, such as different media players, online videos, or local audio files. This helps confirm if the issue is specific to certain applications or applies to all audio playback.

If the above steps don't resolve the problem, there are a few more advanced troubleshooting options you can try:

1. Check Windows Update: Make sure your Windows 11 installation is up to date by checking for any available updates. Sometimes, Microsoft releases updates that address compatibility issues or improve audio support. Go to Settings > Windows Update and click on "Check for updates."

2. Use Compatibility Mode: Right-click on the application or program that you are trying to use with the X-530 system (such as media player or gaming software) and select "Properties." In the Compatibility tab, enable the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option, and select the Windows version that was working well with your sound system (e.g., Windows 7 or Windows 10). Apply the changes and see if it helps.

3. Consider USB sound card: If all else fails, you may want to consider using a USB sound card as an alternative for connecting your Logitech X-530 system. USB sound cards often come with their own drivers and better compatibility with newer operating systems. This could potentially bypass any compatibility issues you're facing with the 3.5mm audio jack.

I hope these suggestions help you get your Logitech X-530 system working on Windows 11. If the issue persists, it might be necessary to consider other workarounds or possibly upgrading your sound system.

Hello flyineyes,

I understand the frustration you're facing with your Logitech X-530 sound system not working on Windows 11. It's unfortunate that you've tried several troubleshooting steps and contacted Logitech and Dell without a resolution. However, I'll do my best to help you through this issue.

First, let's try some general troubleshooting steps to see if we can get your sound system working:

1. Make sure the connections are secure: Ensure that all the cables are properly plugged into the correct ports on your computer and the Logitech X-530 system. Double-check the connections to eliminate any loose connections as the cause of the issue.

2. Update audio drivers: Although Logitech claims there are no drivers for the X-530, it's worth checking if there are any audio drivers available for your Dell Inspiron 15 3000. Visit Dell's support website and enter your model number to find and download the latest audio drivers specifically designed for Windows 11.

3. Check audio settings: Open the Sound settings on your computer by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar and selecting "Open Sound Settings." Ensure that the correct audio output device is selected and configured as 5.1 surround sound. You may need to click on the speaker configuration dropdown menu and choose "5.1 Surround."

4. Test with different audio sources: Try playing audio from various sources, such as different media players, online videos, or local audio files. This helps confirm if the issue is specific to certain applications or applies to all audio playback.

If the above steps don't resolve the problem, there are a few more advanced troubleshooting options you can try:

1. Check Windows Update: Make sure your Windows 11 installation is up to date by checking for any available updates. Sometimes, Microsoft releases updates that address compatibility issues or improve audio support. Go to Settings > Windows Update and click on "Check for updates."

2. Use Compatibility Mode: Right-click on the application or program that you are trying to use with the X-530 system (such as media player or gaming software) and select "Properties." In the Compatibility tab, enable the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option, and select the Windows version that was working well with your sound system (e.g., Windows 7 or Windows 10). Apply the changes and see if it helps.

3. Consider USB sound card: If all else fails, you may want to consider using a USB sound card as an alternative for connecting your Logitech X-530 system. USB sound cards often come with their own drivers and better compatibility with newer operating systems. This could potentially bypass any compatibility issues you're facing with the 3.5mm audio jack.

I hope these suggestions help you get your Logitech X-530 system working on Windows 11. If the issue persists, it might be necessary to consider other workarounds or possibly upgrading your sound system.
Thank's, only ChatGPT gave me an identical rundown of potential solutions, I forgot to include that in my list of troubleshooting efforts, it's clear that Microsoft don't regard analogue equipment as important anymore, that's progress I guess.

I understand that you have been experiencing issues with your Logitech X-530 sound system on Windows 11 through the 3.5mm audio jack. It's frustrating when a trusted device suddenly stops working with a new operating system. I'll try my best to help you troubleshoot and find a solution.

First, let's confirm that the issue is specific to Windows 11 and not a hardware or connection problem. Since you mentioned that the sound system worked fine on Windows 10, Linux distros, and even a recent version of Cinnamon Mint, it suggests that the hardware is functioning correctly.

As per Logitech's statement, the X-530 should be plug-and-play, and no additional drivers are required. However, sometimes drivers can provide enhanced functionality, so it's worth checking if there are any available.

To start, let's make sure your Windows 11 system is up to date. Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app, then navigate to "Windows Update" and click on "Check for updates." Install any available updates and restart your computer if prompted.

While Windows 11 doesn't officially support 5.1 surround sound over a 3.5mm audio jack, it should at least provide stereo sound. Let's ensure that the speaker configuration is correctly set.

1. Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray and select "Open Sound settings."
2. In the Sound settings window, under "Output," click on the "Device properties" link.
3. In the speaker properties window, click on the "Additional device properties" link.
4. In the Speaker Properties window, go to the "Spatial sound" tab.
5. Ensure that "Off" is selected under "Spatial sound format."

Next, let's check the sound settings for channel configuration:

1. Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray and select "Spatial sound."
2. Make sure that "Windows Sonic for Headphones" or "Off" is selected.

Now, let's make sure the correct playback device is selected:

1. Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray and select "Open Sound settings."
2. Under "Output," ensure that the Logitech X-530 is selected as the default device. If it's not listed, try connecting and reconnecting the speakers or restarting your computer.

If the issue persists, we can try some additional troubleshooting steps:

1. Unplug the audio cable from both ends (PC and speakers) and check for any damage or debris. Clean the connectors if necessary.
2. Try a different 3.5mm audio cable to rule out any issues with the current cable.
3. Test the Logitech X-530 speakers on a different device to determine if the problem lies with the speakers themselves.
4. If possible, try connecting the speakers using a different audio output, such as USB or digital optical, if your sound system supports it.

If none of the above steps help resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be an compatibility problem between Windows 11 and the Logitech X-530 speakers. In that case, reaching out to Logitech's support team again and providing them with detailed information about the problem may be your best bet.

I hope this information helps you get your Logitech X-530 sound system working on Windows 11. Good luck!

Thank's, only ChatGPT gave me an identical rundown of potential solutions, I forgot to include that in my list of troubleshooting efforts, it's clear that Microsoft don't regard analogue equipment as important anymore, that's progress I guess.

Attachments

• chatgpt_LT-X-530.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 0
Back