Windows 7 Asus G74SX BSOD since purchase

ZakeriahWest

Hello Team,

I purchased my Asus G74sx in 2012, had nothing but problems with it with BSOD's, OS installed on purchase was Win7Ult, upgraded to Win8 then 8.1 had BSOD's on all OS's, I have now reverted back to Win7Ult and decided to finally do something about it and not just wish it away or wait for the fairies to magically fix it overnight.

I hope you guys can point me in the right direction, many thanks in advance.

If I have missed any attachments please let me know.

Attachments

• W7F_03-03-2015.zip
    704.2 KB · Views: 612
  • RAMMon - SPD Info.txt
    21.9 KB · Views: 226
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 4E, {99, 32f5e5, 2, 32f5e4}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+4c )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Zakeriah,
you have several different Bugchecks ranging from the above, Bugcheck 50 and Bugcheck 3B. Almost all of them relate to a memory issue and it could be that you have a bad stick of RAM or the RAM settings are out and testing will see which. Even if you bought the RAM from new it's still possible to buy RAM which is faulty.
Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run the test for at least 12hrs if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

Just as a side note, if you don't have a spare disk or USB stick to hand you can still test your RAM by removing all RAM apart from one stick. Run on one stick until you see a bsod. Keep changing the stick over and see if you can find one which doesn't bsod.

Edit:
I forgot to ask..... Why didn't you return the machine to the place of purchase or invoke the warranty?

Hello,

Thank you for the speedy response, I had a gut feeling it was the memory, I was not able to return it under warranty as I was deployed oversees for a long period of time.

Reference your advice on removing RAM sticks, will it also work if I just remove one RAM stick and see if it runs okay, then swap it over continuously until I find the culprit RAM? (i.e leaving 3 sticks of RAM inside)

I will give it a shot on the weekend and will let you know how its progressed, many thanks for the advice!

Have a great day!

Hello,

Thank you for the speedy response, I had a gut feeling it was the memory, I was not able to return it under warranty as I was deployed oversees for a long period of time.

Reference your advice on removing RAM sticks, will it also work if I just remove one RAM stick and see if it runs okay, then swap it over continuously until I find the culprit RAM? (i.e leaving 3 sticks of RAM inside)

I will give it a shot on the weekend and will let you know how its progressed, many thanks for the advice!

Have a great day!
Hi Zakeriah,
I guess it would work unless two sticks or more were bad that's the only pitfall I can see. See how you go on and you get any further dump files please post.

Back
Top Bottom