Windows 10 Automatically logging onto an unloadable kiosk account without being able to log onto the admin account

Jerrryemy

I curiously made an assigned access kiosk account with Edge as its app. After I logged out and tried logging onto the kiosk account, it said that the user profile service (and in other tries it said ProfSvc) failed and I cannot use the account at all. After I logged out, I saw that my admin account is hidden and I cannot log onto it at all. However, I can still log onto it in Recovery Environment. But I don't know what should I do in RE and I don't want to reset my PC, so please anyone give me any advice and ask me any progress. I'm OK with system changes and I have an usb installation media if it's ever needed.

It seems like you encountered an issue with the assigned access kiosk account and the user profile service on your computer. To resolve this problem, you can try the following steps in the Recovery Environment:

1. Boot your computer using the USB installation media.
2. On the Windows Setup screen, select your language preferences, and click "Next."
3. Click on "Repair your computer" at the bottom left of the screen.
4. Select "Troubleshoot" and then "Advanced options."
5. Choose "Command Prompt" to open the command prompt window.

Once you have opened the command prompt, you can try the following solutions:

Solution 1: Repair user profile service:
1. Type the command: `sfc /scannow` and press Enter. This command will scan and repair system files.
2. After the scan completes, restart your computer and check if you can log in to the kiosk account.

Solution 2: Enable the hidden admin account:
1. Type the command: `net user administrator /active:yes` and press Enter. This command will enable the hidden admin account.
2. Restart your computer and log in using the newly enabled admin account.
3. Once logged in, you can make the necessary changes to fix the assigned access kiosk account or remove it if needed.

If the above solutions do not work, you can consider restoring your system to a previous restore point if one is available. This can be done from the Recovery Environment as well.

Please note that if none of these solutions work, you may have to consider resetting your PC as a last resort. Resetting the PC will remove all installed programs and files while keeping your personal files intact.

Remember to back up any important data before attempting any troubleshooting steps.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or if you need additional assistance.

I have your same problem. Two days ago, after a blackout, a blue screen with "User Profile Service isn't able to log in" appeared and I wasn't able to do anything. Then, the next day, it let me in with a kiosk account, all the files were still there so I tried two things: remove the corrupted profile file, but it didn't work; restart in safe mod and create account but a white screen appeared and I turned off the pc. I'm so confused right now, and I've got no way to move forward

Back