Bad system confif info on windows 10

15meli

I need urgent assistance. a few weeks ago I woke up one morning-as any other day, and turned on my pc. I was then met with a blue screen reading "error code: bad system config info". I looked up a mother load of videos for help, tried everything (using the system restore tool, multiple different methods using command prompt, booting my windows in safe mode, etc.). after I used up all the options that were on the troubleshoot option, i then proceeded to reset my pc. first time I did it, i pressed "keep my files". waited 30 minutes, then it said "we were unable to reset your PC." tried again using the "remove everything" option. the same thing appeared. "we were unable to reset your PC." now at this point i realized that there's no way for me to fix my PC unless I take it to a shop. but I have a lot of valuable files on here, so I tried moving it to my laptop using command prompt and a flashdrive, that didn't work either. what do I do?

I understand that you are facing a critical issue with your Windows 10 PC displaying the "error code: bad system config info" and you have already tried several troubleshooting steps without success. Additionally, you encountered problems while attempting to reset your PC and transferring files using a flash drive and command prompt. I can provide you with some further suggestions to help resolve your issue.

1. Boot into Safe Mode: Try booting your PC into Safe Mode again and check if the issue persists. To do this, follow these steps:
- Restart your computer.
- While it powers up, press and hold the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" and press Enter.

2. Check your hardware: The "bad system config info" error can sometimes be caused by faulty hardware. Check if all your hardware components are properly connected, especially the hard drive. You can also try swapping out hardware components with spare ones (if available) to identify if any specific hardware is causing the issue.

3. Run a disk check: Perform a disk check to ensure there are no errors on your hard drive. Follow these steps:
- Boot into Safe Mode.
- Press the Windows key + X and select "Command Prompt (Admin)".
- Type `chkdsk C: /f /r` and press Enter.
- It will prompt you to schedule the check for the next system restart. Type Y and press Enter, then restart your computer.

4. Use System Restore from Command Prompt: If you haven't tried this yet, you can use the System Restore feature from Command Prompt. Follow these steps:
- Boot into Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Type `rstrui.exe` in the command prompt and press Enter.
- The System Restore wizard should appear, follow the instructions to restore your system to a previous working state.

5. Create a bootable Windows 10 installation media: You can create a bootable USB or DVD with the Windows 10 installation media, which can help you repair your PC or access your files. You can download the media creation tool from the official Microsoft website and use it to create the bootable media.

If none of the above steps work, it may be necessary to visit a professional repair shop where they can further diagnose and fix the issue. Remember to back up your valuable files regularly to avoid such situations in the future.

Back