Blue Screen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while watching YouTube Videos. PC Does Not Boot Past Bios Splash Screen. Dump file provided

brian45

When I attempt to turn on/restart my PC, the PC almost never boots past the Bios Splash screen. The same error occurs consistently: The small screen on my motherboard displays code “F3” while the Bios Splash screen is displayed and my keyboard and mouse have power (It stays like this for maybe 4 seconds); then the screen flickers once and the motherboard displays code “B1” and my keyboard and mouse lose power. From this point on, the PC will never boot into Windows no matter how long I wait and the Bios logo is displayed on the monitor. Sometimes the same situation will occur, but the spinning dots on the Bios Splash screen will move incredibly slow and freeze and the PC will never boot into Windows.

I only seem to be able to boot into Windows (not reliably) successfully if I shut off the PSU and fully remove PSU cable from wall outlet and let it sit there for over several minutes or even over an hour or so.

While I am booted in, the PC seems to work completely fine in games and just scrolling the internet. Consistently while watching YouTube videos, the PC starts to stutter/freeze and the PC’s rgb lights completely freeze. If I stop what I am doing sometimes it will subside and it will operate back to normal if I close the video, but if I continue to watch the video it will freeze and I get a blue screen with DPC watchdog violation code.

Latest Dump File:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yi60j5zjktf5ogb/MiniDump5.rar/file

Solutions I have tried:

- Resetting CMOS
- DDU
- Swapping GPU’s
- Altering Ram stick configuration
- SFC /scannow does not show anything
- Altering SSD configuration
- Swapping Motherboards
- Updating Bios
- Enabling/Disabling Fast Boot
- Booting off a windows USB drive

My hardware is:

DARK hero crosshair VIII motherboard

4090 PNY

Ryzen 7 5800X CPU

Western digital SN 850X 2 tb

Samsung 970 evo 1Tb

TridentZ Neo 3600MHz cl16 ddr4 ram 2 sticks

Asus rog strix 850 w PSU

Based on the information you provided, it seems that you are experiencing a combination of issues that are causing your PC to fail to boot past the BIOS splash screen and display the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when watching YouTube videos.

Considering the troubleshooting steps you have already taken, it is unlikely that the issue lies with your hardware components or driver installations. However, there are a few additional steps you can try to further isolate and resolve the problem:

1. Check for overheating: Excessive heat can cause system instability and lead to issues like freezing and failure to boot. Ensure that your CPU and GPU temperatures are within safe limits by using monitoring software like HWMonitor or MSI Afterburner.

2. Update firmware: Make sure that all firmware, including your motherboard BIOS, SSD firmware, and GPU firmware, is up to date. Visit the respective manufacturer's websites to download and install the latest firmware versions.

3. Test with minimal hardware: Remove unnecessary hardware components such as additional drives, graphics cards, and peripherals to see if the issue persists. This helps eliminate potential conflicts or compatibility problems.

4. Test with a different power supply: A faulty or insufficient power supply can cause stability issues. If possible, try borrowing or using a different power supply to see if it resolves the problem.

5. Test with a different RAM configuration: While you mentioned altering the RAM stick configuration, try using only a single RAM stick at a time and test each one individually. This can help identify if any of the RAM sticks are causing the problem.

6. Perform a clean Windows installation: If all else fails, consider performing a clean installation of Windows. This will ensure that there are no software conflicts or corruption causing the issue. Be sure to back up your important files before proceeding.

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, it may be helpful to consult with a professional technician or contact the support services of your hardware manufacturers for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific guidance based on your specific hardware configuration.

you swapped out the motherboard? as in the shop replaced it and its still buggy

you swapped out the motherboard? as in the shop replaced it and its still buggy
I bought the Dark Hero Motherboard and swapped it in myself. I was using a X570 Tuf gaming motherboard before. Same issue persists even after board change.

Back