Windows 7 BSOD at windows start up but safe mode works.

ComputerHD

Hi, i am quite a noob at computers, but as i was playing a game last night, and turned my pc off, i went to sleep, the next morning i turn on my pc. At start up i get a BSOD multiple times, but when i run safe mode, it works completely fine, could someone please give me a BASIC tutorial of how to fix this, thanks :(

Hi HD,
if the system runs fine in safe mode then chances are it's a driver issue. To help you further we need to see the dump files created when the machine blue screened. These are found in a folder marked Minidump which itself is in the main Windows folder. If you can't find the folder or it's empty then your machine probably isn't set up to create Dump files:
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click and apply to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

When you have some dump files please read the thread found here:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.38837/
This will give you all the info you need on what to post.

Thanks for the Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked, after that i restarted and everything went back to normal lol, thanks windows!

Back
Top Bottom