Windows 7 BSOD Microsoft-Windows-WMI 0x80041003

tinaosw

I see this error posted all over the internet, yet no real solution!
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
WIN 7 64 bit

Hello and Welcome !

You have mentioned an Event viewer error and also BSOD. Regarding the WMI there are few things that you could do to fix it. The error 0x80041003 it happen when the user does not have permission to perform the operation in WMI. This could happen when you query certain classes as a low-rights user, but most often happens when you attempt to invoke methods or change WMI instances as a low rights user. The namespace you are connecting to is encrypted, and the user is attempting to connect with an unencrypted connection.

Follow these steps:

Code:
@echo on 
cd /d c:\temp 
if not exist %windir%\system32\wbem goto TryInstall 
cd /d %windir%\system32\wbem 
net stop winmgmt 
winmgmt /kill 
if exist Rep_bak rd Rep_bak /s /q 
rename Repository Rep_bak 
for %%i in (*.dll) do RegSvr32 -s %%i 
for %%i in (*.exe) do call :FixSrv %%i 
for %%i in (*.mof,*.mfl) do Mofcomp %%i 
net start winmgmt 
goto End 

:FixSrv 
if /I (%1) == (wbemcntl.exe) goto SkipSrv 
if /I (%1) == (wbemtest.exe) goto SkipSrv 
if /I (%1) == (mofcomp.exe) goto SkipSrv 
%1 /Regserver 
:SkipSrv 
goto End 
:TryInstall 
if not exist wmicore.exe goto End 
wmicore /s 
net start winmgmt 
:End
Copy these to a Notepad and save it as WMI.bat then Right Click and run as administrator. This will rebuild the WMI values.

1, Right-click your Computer icon on the desktop, and then click Manage from the shortcut menu. The Computer Management panel launches.
2, Double- click Computer Management (Local) from the left pane to expand (if necessary), click Services and Applications to expand (if necessary), click WMI Control to select it, right-click WMI Control, and then click Properties from the shortcut menu. The WMI Control Properties dialog box appears.
3, Under the Security tab click the Root folder from the Namespace navigation allows you to set namespace specific security box, and then click the Security button. The Security for Root dialog box appears.
4, Ensure that the logged in user is listed and the Allow option is enable for all available permissions. Also
5, Click Apply (if available), and then OK to close the Security for Root dialog box. The WMI Control Properties dialog box reappears.
6, Click Apply (if available), and then OK to close the WMI Control Properties dialog box.
Close the Computer Management panel and reboot the System once.

For BSOD Help Click here for instructions

Good Luck,
Captain

Back