Windows 7 BSoD on startup, no minidump

Ril

Hi,

I recently put in a Nvidia Geforce GT 740 and after restarting had BSoDs on most startups. I am able to log in sometimes but not always. There's a stop error code on the Blue screen but nothing else. I have the code if needed. I tried uninstalling all the nvidia drivers and then reinstalling only the newest graphics driver. Again there's nothing in the minidump folder and have made sure that is where dumps will go.

Attachments

• W7F_30-07-2014.zip
    2 MB · Views: 307
Hello and welcome to the forum.
What is the manufacturer name and model name and number of your Power Supply.
Please include any specs you may have regarding the output amps on the 12 volt rail.
It's possible that it may not be up to the demands of the new graphic card.

And have you had an opportunity to revert back to you previous Video Card to see if the crashes persist?
Thanks
Randy

Thanks for prompt reply,

I had an intel g45/g43 Express Chipset Graphics Card that came with the pc. I bought and had help installing a Rosewill Hive-650W, here's a link
http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-BRON...8&qid=1406771410&sr=8-2&keywords=rosewill+650
I know next to nothing about this but the packaging states the card needs 20 amps on the +12V rail and that this is based on a pc with a intel core i7 3.2GHz

when I uninstalled all the nvidia drivers does the pc use the drivers for the integrated card or do I need to reinstall those? I know when I did uninstall all the nvidia drivers it automatically installed a VGA driver.

I would think that that PSU would be sufficient to the task.
And yes, if you remove the Nvidia card and revert back to the integrated Intel you may have to reinstall the proper drivers if you completely uninstalled them.

I suppose it's possible that the new card might be bad out of the box. Do you have another means of testing it, perhaps on a second machine?

I never actually uninstalled any graphics drivers already on my pc, but should I completely remove the card itself to test that?
I don't think there's any other computer for me to test it on

I would certainly remove the new card to see if the topic of your thread (BSoD on startup, no minidump) persists.
Shutdown machine, remove power and carefully remove the new card.
That way at least you might determine if the new card is responsible. As I said earlier, the card could be bad out of the box, the slot may be damaged on the mainboard, or you may have bumped some other component during the installation, but......
You have to start some where.

Hi,

I recently put in a Nvidia Geforce GT 740 and after restarting had BSoDs on most startups. I am able to log in sometimes but not always. There's a stop error code on the Blue screen but nothing else. I have the code if needed. I tried uninstalling all the nvidia drivers and then reinstalling only the newest graphics driver. Again there's nothing in the minidump folder and have made sure that is where dumps will go.
Sorry not wanting to butt-in but...
There can be a number of reasons why your not producing a dump file and chiefly of these is having no Page File or one lower than 200MB. If your running an SSD then sometimes the apps that come with the SSD will turn off the page file.

I don't have an SSD and I checked and as far as I can tell I have a page file of sufficient size, but regardless thank you for suggestion. I also removed the card and all its drivers and now am only using the integrated one and its drivers seemed to have stayed installed. So far no crashes and I can start up fine.

Sorry for the delay, I disabled the driver of the integrated card before reinstalling the new one and its driver. Starts up fine now.
Thank you both for your help

Back
Top Bottom