Windows 10 Bugs found

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
I want to start a thread on bugs which members are finding in Windows 10. This is not affiliated with the Insider program, but of interest to us nerds who ar following the progress of the builds. Write whatever yo have found.

To get us started:

The Start menu could be more versatile.
The Apps menu does not have to display all the time, a mouse over at right edge of it could be made to pop up. Mouse over on the Start button should bring menu up without having to click on it.
It needs an Option to switch between Start menu and Start screen on the fly

With the taskbar set to autohide, it only will show when I bring the mouse down and in the green area. The red area to the left side does not restore my taskbar.

When I tick the box that says "no thanks, don't try to update my drivers and get the F$#@ out of my settings"... I want Microsoft to ignore me saying no because I really love having to fix this shit build, over and over and... sorry guys, I'm just venting.

No apologizing.....I'm with you....I have to constantly fix my audio and gpu drivers as MS keeps installing the old and new ones....over and over and over. The audio driver will add a new device in playback devices (headset) which I don't have plugged in and makes it the default listen device, which then will not produce any sound on any saved mp3 files....internally or externally (physical drive or cloud). Oddly enough audio would work on youtube and FB and other websites, forums that used sound.

Then the gpu driver this OS installs kills my skype desktop program...it wont even open....uninstall/reinstall....nothing.

So after a few days and some consulting with a few members, I have gotten it "fixed", well a work around, which takes about 5 to 7 minutes and all is right as rain.

We had a locate an old VIA HD audio driver, tell it where to locate itself manually and then roll back the current driver to this one.....no headset device and all mp3 files have audio...perfect. Then save/install AMD latest gpu driver and just uninstall the driver MS updates which is both the WMD 1.0 generic driver and the AMD's generic released driver that has no software (CCC - Catatlyst Control Center).

This just drives me crazy.......but the work around and a little bit of my time gets it all back to normal.

I want to start a thread on bugs which members are finding in Windows 10. This is not affiliated with the Insider program, but of interest to us nerds who ar following the progress of the builds. Write whatever yo have found.

To get us started:

The Start menu could be more versatile.
The Apps menu does not have to display all the time, a mouse over at right edge of it could be made to pop up. Mouse over on the Start button should bring menu up without having to click on it.
It needs an Option to switch between Start menu and Start screen on the fly

With the taskbar set to autohide, it only will show when I bring the mouse down and in the green area. The red area to the left side does not restore my taskbar.
I wish they would also getting going on safe mode, unless they intend to dump it? I hope not!

When I tick the box that says "no thanks, don't try to update my drivers and get the F$#@ out of my settings"... I want Microsoft to ignore me saying no because I really love having to fix this shit build, over and over and... sorry guys, I'm just venting.

Hi

Exactly, the only real problems I'm having are because it keeps updating my drivers to drivers that don't work.
If they would just change that one thing they would improve my experience 200%.

I expressed myself in Feedback again today and I see many people who are expressing the same thing.

This seems like an easy fix, you can still automatic update drivers for people who don't care.
Just let us choose not to.

@bassfisher6522

How did you get it to let you roll back the drivers?
I have the correct drivers installed and working now, and I have them on my hard drive, but when it updates and I try to tell it to Rollback it won't do it.

I have to do the whole uninstall the sound card, reboot, reinstall the drivers, reboot, and then I sometimes have to do it several times before it does it without installing the newer drivers before I get my chance.

Mike

Last edited:
Hi Mike.
The driver rollback feature is still there. In the Device manager, right click the facility and select properties and then the "Driver" tab. If more than one driver has been installed, you will find the option to rollback is there. However, if it is only the original driver installed at the time of setting up the OS, then you may find the option is greyed.

By the way. The Safe mode is one of the new items in Windows 10 which I have found an advancement. For info, if you select the start menu and then select the power icon top right. Hold the shift and select restart. This will put the computer through the usual restart procedure, but instead of opening your OS again, it will come up with all the options. Among those options is one to start in Safe mode.

Back
Top Bottom