Windows 7 Can I remove old shared folders, which no longer exist, from the pc's homegroup???

kukubau

Hi all

I have set-up a HomeGroup in my 2 computers network. One wired pc (Windows 7 x86) and 1 wireless laptop (Windows 7 x64) connected through a wireless Dlink router.

How can I remove the old shared folders, which no longer exist, from the pc's homegroup. That's folders that had been previously been shared on the laptop, but no longer exist.
My hunch was that it had to do with offline files, but on the laptop OfflineFiles was never enabled. I reseted the OfflineFiles on the pc, but whenever I open the pc's HomeGroup I can still see those 3 ANNOYING FOLDERS that I can't remove, whatever I do.
I've checked the libraries on each computer and there are no libraries that reference those folders. So I guess it's a key in the registry that controls this behavior.

Is there a possibility that this is due to the fact that I didn't unshare those folders before deleting them?!?!

Thank you.
kukubau

I had the same problem, tried several solutions I found on the internet but none of them worked.
At last I found a rather unelegant solution myself.

Try creating a new folder with the exact same name in the exact same directory.
Go to 'computer managment --> shared folders' and now you should be able to unshare the directory there
This fixed it for me, hope it helps

Back
Top Bottom