Windows 7 Cannot install NET framework 2.0 SP1 on Windows 7

Sue Hughes

I am trying to install NET Framework 2.0 SP1 on Windows 7.
This is a brand new install, the only apps I have installed are Office 2007 PRO, and Adobe Reader 9.0
I get the following error

You must use "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 SP1.

Any ideas out there?
Thank you
Sue

Windows 7 ships with .NET framework 3.5.

The SP1 makes the version 2.0.5727_32.

Do you have an app that asking to install the .NET framework 2.0 SP1?

Last edited:
Rouge Warrior Games Requires .net framework sp1

I am also facing the same problem I have also checked the boxes under "Turn Microsoft Features on or off" of .net framework 3.5 which is by default installed by window 7. Now on installing it shows the message your OS does not come on the requirements. Does anyone can help regarding this issue.

I think that .NET framework 3.5 has already been installed in Windows 7 RTM and you do not need to install it manually

Ansys v12 is asking me to install the .NET framework 2.0 SP1

Hi all same problems as above I have the latest Microsoft.NET framework 3.5 SP1 and updates for windows 7 but when I try to install Ansys V12 its asking me to "Turn Microsoft Features on or off" for Microsoft.net framework 2.0 SP1 even though I have 3.5.

Any Ideas?
I'm running an HP intel i7 processor 4gb ram windows 7 etc.

Thanks

I had the same problem. I was running a custom software on Windows 7 32 bit which requires .Net Framework 2.0 SP1 and received the error "You must use "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 SP1."

After installing .NET Framework 4 I was able to run the application successfully.

Back
Top Bottom