Windows 7 ERROR MESSAGE: The remote procedure call failed and did not execute

Cameron

Honorable Member
Dear Forum Members,

I have just managed to crash Windows Explorer and have received
the following error message (no error code provided);

"The remote procedure call failed and did not execute"

Whenever I try and double left mouse click on computer, control panel
or any other windows processes I receive the above error message.

I was wondering if any other members have received this same
error message?

Thank you,

Cameron Hamill.

Same problem here

I read in another forum that perhaps some of the services involved with RPCs were stopped and that they should be started. So I tried to start the only one I could see that was stopped (Rpclocator) through the task manager and it told me that the operation could not be completed because access was denied. Since we can't launch the control panel to get into the administrative tools I'm all out of ideas. I'll keep scouring the interwebs.

Another thing I noticed is that if I do a search from the commad prompt for whatever directory I want to get into that it will pull it up. It will also pull up the correct directory if I use utorrent and right click on a torrent -> open file location or whatever terminology it uses. I just can't browse around and I can't just open a new explorer window.

I'm out of ideas :-(

Help?

Re: Same problem here

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!! I just started having the exact same problem as mentioned above on my new laptop thought laptop was safe from gremlins i'd tear my hair if i had some please please help me

i MEANT the problems STARTS WHEN THE MY COMNPUTER window STARTS TO LOAD slowly or not at all.

fIRST THIS LINK WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON TO PERFOM AN SFA CHECK WAS GREAT - How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7.

SEcond i downloaded malware Antimalwarebytes free and did a full deep scan.

Third i did a full scan with my anti-virus software norton 360. I also put all the settting on high to test every program launch.

I also did a full deep scan with spyware terminator setting high again.

I had an absolute mare with this and had the evil windows explorer stop/ restarts on my desktop last week. I know how frustrating these thing can be so hold aloft the sword of knowledge against these dark forces.;);););)

Back