GPT To MBR

sabob

Hi,

I installed Win 11 on MBR because it was just the beginning of GPT and the opinions on how to convert it were very different and I stayed with the standard I knew (MBR) and now I wanted to update my OS but copy of Wind 11 is on GPT
I have a Windows 11 image, but it is a Windows 11 image in GPT format. I cannot create a bootable USB stick (Rufus). I want to make a bootable USB with MBR but I don't know if it's possible and how to do it, if so I did something wrong and everything that connected to the mice disappeared. I can't do anything and I wanted to update using this Windows 11 image. I can't do anything in Windows and I really want to save all the configuration on my computer as is.. I also tried different wireless mice and cables and nothing changes (doesn't work). Gentlemen, I am asking about this modification because I have no other idea, but maybe you know how to update Windows drivers without using the mouse. Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thank you all in advance for any suggestions and help. I already have a Windows 11 MBR on my computer and I just wanted to update it using this flash drive, but this image is GPT. I don't want to lose my data. When I checked whether I could convert HD with the MBR partition of the Windows 11 operating system, no one gave me any advice on how to do it without losing everything I have on my computer. P.S. So I thought it would be easier to convert a Windows 11 GPT image to MBR than to convert the entire disk with an MBR partition to a GPT partition. I have another idea, but I don't know if it will work. I have installed IObit Driver Booster on my computer and I have a backup of every driver installation on my computer, how can I restore these drivers on another computer. Note that I can't go to the OS because I don't have a mouse. Is there a chance that I will use this application in Dos (Command Line) I don't know if it makes sense, but I'm trying to find a way to fix this "stupid" mistake I made. P.s.p.s. I need to clarify the situation as my English is my second language. Sometimes I have trouble describing something clearly. On my computer without mouse drivers and probably other drivers (I uninstalled them by mistake), Driver Booster is installed and I have a backup of all the drivers there, but I can't access it because I can't do anything without the mouse. I thought maybe I could reinstall the missing drivers using this backup. The problem is how to do it. Maybe you're using some WinPE disks, or maybe something on the command line, I don't know. I hope someone can help me solve it. My OS works fine only these mouse drivers. Is it possible to copy drivers from another computer with the same OS and paste them into my OS? This question may be nonsense, but this is how one learns; asking questions that are sometimes simply "stupid" to those who know more.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I understand your situation and I'll try my best to help you out. Converting a GPT image of Windows 11 to MBR can be a bit tricky, as it involves modifying the disk partition structure. However, there are a few things you can try to address your mouse-related issue before considering the image conversion process.

1. Troubleshoot the mouse issue:
- If you're using a wired mouse, try connecting it to a different USB port on your computer. Sometimes, changing the port can resolve the connectivity issue.
- If you're using a wireless mouse, make sure the batteries are charged or try replacing them.
- Restart your computer and check if the mouse starts working. Sometimes, a simple reboot can fix minor software glitches.
- Use the mouse on another computer to ensure that it's not a hardware issue.

2. Connect a different mouse:
- If you have access to another computer, borrow a working mouse from it and connect it to your Windows 11 machine. This will help you determine if the issue is specific to your mouse or a more general problem.

Regarding your idea of using IObit Driver Booster to restore the missing drivers, unfortunately, it may not be possible to restore them if you cannot access the operating system due to the mouse issue. Driver installation usually requires user interaction, which may not be possible without a functioning mouse or some form of input.

As for the GPT to MBR conversion, it's generally recommended to back up your data before attempting any partition modifications. While it is technically possible to convert the disk without losing data, it's a delicate process that requires advanced knowledge and specialized tools. If you're not familiar with disk partitioning and data recovery, it's best to seek assistance from a professional who can ensure the safety of your data.

If you do decide to pursue the GPT to MBR conversion, make sure to create a full backup of your system. You can use disk imaging software like Acronis True Image or Macrium Reflect to create a complete backup of your current Windows 11 setup. This way, even if something goes wrong during the conversion process, you'll have a backup to restore from.

I hope this information helps you. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to ask. Good luck!

THANKS to ChatGPT. Some people which I ask said that they cannot help me because I didn't explain clear my problems but somehow understand everything well a ChatGPT

Hi,

I understand that you have installed Windows 11 on your computer using the MBR partitioning scheme, and now you have a Windows 11 image in GPT format that you want to use to update your OS. However, you are unable to create a bootable USB stick with Rufus, and you are also experiencing issues with your mouse drivers.

To address your first concern about creating a bootable USB with MBR, you can try using a different tool like the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool or WinToUSB. These tools should allow you to create a bootable USB drive with MBR partitioning.

Regarding the issue with your mouse drivers, since you are unable to use your mouse, it might be difficult to navigate the operating system. However, you can try using keyboard shortcuts to access the Device Manager and reinstall the missing mouse drivers. To open the Device Manager using the keyboard, press the Windows key + X, and then press M. This should open the Device Manager.

Once you have the Device Manager open, navigate to the "Mice and other pointing devices" section and uninstall the mouse driver that is causing issues. Then, restart your computer and Windows should automatically install the default mouse driver.

If you have a backup of your drivers using IObit Driver Booster, it's unlikely that you'll be able to restore them without access to the operating system. However, if you have another computer with the same OS, you might be able to copy the drivers from that computer and transfer them to yours. Locate the driver files on the other computer (they are usually found in the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers directory) and copy them to a USB drive. Then, on your computer, navigate to the same directory and paste the driver files there. After that, restart your computer and Windows should recognize the drivers.

Remember to always be cautious when copying and replacing system files, as it can potentially lead to further issues if not done correctly. Make sure to create a backup of your important data before attempting any major changes to your system.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issues you are facing. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Back