Windows 7 Help needed with BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER

Starfox27

Hey I had this bsod after I alt-tabbed and ended my gaming session of ARMA 3. Recently I deleted most of my old AMD drivers since I have a geforce card now and I'm wondering if this is affecting it.

Anyways, here's my dump file and CPU-Z images as per request, I don't really know where Rammon stores its html file so I couldn't get that. Thanks in advance.

Cpuz SPD.PNG
Cpuz Memory.PNG

Attachments

• 052114-25755-01.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 259
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {20, fffffa800e564e20, fffffa800e565140, 432ffdd}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswStm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswStm.sys
Probably caused by : fwpkclnt.sys ( fwpkclnt!WfpFreeToNPagedLookAsideList+30 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
looking through the dump file it looks like Avast might have been the cause or it could that something caused Avast to crash in any case please uninstall Avast and install MSE until culprit is determined. MSE is also a lot more stable:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

Your bios is also out of date:
BiosVersion = P2.50
BiosReleaseDate = 10/31/2012
Last bios update dated 2013 P2.90:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

Just to make sure you have no old gpu driver files lying around uninstall both sets of AMD and Nvidia (just click the checkboxes) using this app:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
Re-install using latest version:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

xusb21.sys Thu Aug 13 23:10:17 2009: XBox USB wireless controller BSOD issues in Win7 with 2009 driver please update:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=Gaming&type=Gaming&sku=JR9-00001

See how go after making the above changes. Please post any new dump[ files and we'll go from there..

Ok I've uninstalled avast and replaced it with MSE and updated all drivers, I just haven't touched bios update because I'm not sure if it's completely necessary & I've never done it so I'm a bit hesitant. I'll play ARMA3 again later tonight to see if this happens again. My next update might take awhile since this BSOD didn't happen once I resumed again last night so it might be a bit unpredictable. Thanks again.

Ok since I've cleaned everything there hasn't been any BSOD with ARMA 3 but I recently got a new nvidia update and started playing Watch_Dogs and got a BSOD but the screen was completely black and pc restarted anyways. I did get a minidump file out of that though so here it is.

Attachments

• 052714-26754-01.zip
    204.3 KB · Views: 227
Additionally, I think I've gotten a similar BSOD with very similar parameters and I just reinstalled the drivers but I'm still not sure if it's something that's conflicting with it on my machine or if the issue is localized to the drivers itself, thanks in advance.

Code:

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800db8f010, fffff8800fe7dd1c, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+98bd1c )

Hi,
seems like that update is your issue and from what you say it sounds like your getting the update through windows update utility? Try going through the procedure I outlined above on removing and then installing the latest version. Installing drivers using windows update is not a good way to get your drivers. Often the updates can be out of date and cause issues as you've already noticed. To stop the update utility from applying these updates automatically change the settings from update automatically to 'check for updates but ask me whether to download and install them'. Or go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter. Look across the top for Hardware and then device installation settings. Make sure that 'never install driver software from windows update' is checked.

No I'm using geforce experience to download the nvidia specific drivers. I'm not using the windows update utility but I will probably downgrade to the previous drivers as I've read that other people are having similar issues. Edit - I checked my device installation and it was already on never install driver software from windows update.

Well I thought my BSOD days were relatively over after the downgrade but they were not. I'm not sure if this is gpu related as it just happened a few minutes upon turning on pc as I was just browsing the web and using skype. Thanks for looking into this.

Attachments

• 062214-20950-01.zip
    27.8 KB · Views: 209
Code:

BugCheck 19, {20, fffffa8009c97e30, fffffa8009c98e00, 4fdfff7}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800034c4100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800034c41c0
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003432a38
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObpCloseHandleTableEntry+c4 )

Hi,
the actual process that was running when the crash happened was from adm.exe which belongs to Acronis. It might be worth re-installing in case it's corrupted?

Your bios is also out of date:
BiosVersion = P2.50
BiosReleaseDate = 10/31/2012
Last bios update dated 2013 P2.90:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

asmthub3.sys Fri Mar 04 07:55:10 2011: ASMedia USB 3.0 Hub driver later version on motherboard support page:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=Win764

xusb21.sys Thu Aug 13 23:10:17 2009: XBox USB wireless controller BSOD issues in Win7 with 2009 driver please update:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=Gaming&type=Gaming&sku=JR9-00001

Make sure Windows isn't corrupt by running the system file checker. Find command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Post any new dump files.

Hey I just got another BSOD that said system service exception right after I uninstalled Acronis & installed the new USB and xbox controller drivers. Here's the new dump file. I will checking my windows later tonight and possibly upgrade bios later this week.

Attachments

• 062214-27752-01.zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 212
Code:

BugCheck 3B, {80000003, fffff8800f44a7e2, fffff8800c733bc0, 0}

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+17e2 )

Hi,
the above is blaming the gpu driver. Are you sure you updated the drivers? I only ask because you wrote that just after updating the drivers you got a bsod but the drivers look the same? Are you sure it's the right dump file?

asmthub3.sys Fri Mar 04 07:55:10 2011: ASMedia USB 3.0 Hub driver later version on motherboard support page:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=Win764

xusb21.sys Thu Aug 13 23:10:17 2009: XBox USB wireless controller BSOD issues in Win7with 2009 driver please update:

Yeah it's a different dump file, I've since deleted the xbox 1.2 accessories driver and I'm not sure where I can dl the asmedia hub 3.0 driver as that link only gets me asmtxhci.sys which is the ASMedia XHCI controller for my motherboard (z77 extreme4) so I'm not sure.

Yeah it's a different dump file, I've since deleted the xbox 1.2 accessories driver and I'm not sure where I can dl the asmedia hub 3.0 driver as that link only gets me asmtxhci.sys which is the ASMedia XHCI controller for my motherboard (z77 extreme4) so I'm not sure.

If you look through the downloads carefully you'll see there are two Asmedia downloads. You need to look for the one that say's ASMedia USB 3.0 driver ver:1.10.1.0 (which is two downloads down from the other SATA Asmedia driver. I even downloaded the driver to ensure it was the correct one which it is).

Okay I actually did dl the correct file yesterday but instead of installing, I repaired it. I've now removed the USB 3.0 ver 1.10.1.0 and reinstalled it and my sfc scan found no integrity errors. So can I safely assume it's gpu related once again?

Are you still getting a bsod? If so post the dump file and we'll see..

Back