Windows 8 How do I install something on Windows 8?

gigman7

I have been trying to install a few things on my new computer. MS Office, Photoshop, etc. The things I had on my older computer. When I try to install them, I get a message that says, "This app can't run on your PC", "To find a version for your PC, Check with the software publisher"

If Windows 8 can't run a simple disc, then what good is it????

Is it possible that you are attempting to install 64 bit versions of some applications on a 32 bit version of Windows?
Are you having the problem will all applications you are attempting to install?

Have you checked Windows Updates and made sure that they are all completed and your installation is up to date and current?
Have you checked your system properties and determined your system architecture (32 or 64 bit)?

Have you checked Windows Updates and made sure that they are all completed and your installation is up to date and current?
Have you checked your system properties and determined your system architecture (32 or 64 bit)?
How?

Control Panel and in the top right change from Categories to Small Icons, then.....
Go down to the bottom of the icons and you should find Windows Updates.

Open file explorer, right click on Computer "This PC" choose properties and read what it says in the area labeled "System"

Yeah, control panel. Not where I left it. Would be nice if Windows 8 was more user friendly like everything since Window 95 has been. The reason I have hated my iphone eversince I got it has been that it has not been as user friendly as Microsoft products. Now, Windows 8 makes me think the stupid iphone isn't so bad after all. At least not compared to the direction Windows is going.

just type
control panel
at the windows start screen or the search box and you should find it among the list.
Which version of Windows are you running you mention Windows 8, but that should be at least Windows 8.1 and should have update 1 installed as well.

OK, just stay after it until you've got all your updates caught up.
You can use the Windows Logo Key on the bottom left of your keyboard combined with the X key to bring up a menu that will allow you to hit some familiar places.
Also a right click of the logo itself in the bottom left of the desktop screen with bring up the same menu.

Just remember that if you have a 32 bit version of Windows 8 installed, you will not be able to install 64 bit versions of applications.
A 64 bit version of Windows 8 will support installing both 32 and 64 bit versions of applications.

Just remember that if you have a 32 bit version of Windows 8 installed, you will not be able to install 64 bit versions of applications.
A 64 bit version of Windows 8 will support installing both 32 and 64 bit versions of applications.
And how do I get around this?

Have you managed to determine that, that is actually your problem?
Is your version of Windows 8, in fact, a 32 bit version?
If so there is no real "getting around it".
You will either have to install the 64 bit version of Windows 8, or .......
Obtain the 32 bit versions of the applications you are having trouble installing.

Would you mind providing a screenshot of your System Properties similar to what I have attached.
You can use the Windows snipping tool to do so.

Win8.1_64bit.JPG

Sure, just let me open up Photosh. . . oh, hold on, I can't install it.

I hate Microsoft. They are so stupid. Let me figure out how to do this with paint.

Back
Top Bottom