Windows 8 I want Windows 8 and XP on the same HDD.

Legna

I currently have Windoes 8.1 installed. I want to add Windows XP and be able to choose between the two at boot up. How should I go about installing Windows XP?

I currently have Windoes 8.1 installed. I want to add Windows XP and be able to choose between the two at boot up. How should I go about installing Windows XP?

You don't put XP and 8.1 on the same drive mate, they just are too different to get along... you can have XP as a V-os installed on vmware player which will give you the graphocs card or on hyper-v which is much better at dishing out the ram/ cpu to do a task but doesn't allow access to the g-card.

Another option is multiboot where XP and 8.1 are each on a different hdd... that is do'able but I've found that the 8.1 still has boot issues when I tried it (was a while back) so I still don't recommend it.

Hey guys, how do I get that top menu to show up on XP when I load it up in VirtualBox?

It's in the "Settings - General - Advanced" and then it's just a mather of setting the view right in your VM, fullscreen but not auto resize works best for me...

OTT

if your hard drive is partitioned you can have more than 1 os on your hard drive. That is you can install one os on one partition and install another os on the other partition.

Back