Windows 7 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on ntoskrnl.exe.

MfeEpeOpal.sys Wed Mar 27 12:04:38 2013: McAFEE Encryption? Please uninstall to test.

Trouble has brought to my attention that McAFEE is still installed and checking again I see it's still there. Please uninstall to test.

I want to do this, but cannot locate McAfee encryption in either devmgmt.msc or appwiz.cpl. There is a McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent service present in services.msc, but I have set it to "Disabled" so it should not be loading.

I have uploaded the 2 minidumps generated by BSODs with Driver Verifier running.

Attachments

• CelticWhisper - Verifier 081014.zip
    49.6 KB · Views: 207
Hmm... these dump files are dated 6th and 7th August and seem suspiciously like the files uploaded in post #19. Try clearing the minidump folder and going through the process again.

Looks like the McAfee encryption is something to do with an HP FDE utility. Need to find out how to rip it out without breaking other OEM drivers.

I purged the files from the minidumps directory. Will go through Driver Verifier again ASAP.

To answer a previous question about my tech support, we're a small business and I'm pretty much the most seasoned of a department of 3. My techs are good but they'd need a lot of hands-on time with my system and, unfortunately, I have too many projects going on right now to give it up for extended diagnostics. I only hope my cognizance of that fact and willingness to bite the bullet and fight it out myself helps me not be "that guy" as managers go.

Thanks for sticking with this, Kemical. I'm used to replies just drying up by now. I really appreciate your help.

Your very welcome and we never close a thread unless it's spam or something equally annoying. As soon as you have a fresh dump file post it up and we'll have a look see.. :)

Uninstalled Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools Manager. I think that was responsible for the McCrappee encryption driver. Will re-run Verifier and post results. Been busy lately, sorry for the blackout.

And here we go, after running Driver Verifier again. For what it's worth, the BSOD did name the DNE64X.sys driver when the system crashed, and it looks like that's a Deterministic Network Enhancer driver that's vital for at least a WLAN connection (didn't try with wired Ethernet). If it is indeed the culprit, I hope I can resolve the issue without having to forego wireless connections.

Attachments

• W7F_02-09-2014 - CelticWhisper.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,290
  • W7F_02-09-2014 - CelticWhisper.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 398
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {f6, 234, fffffa800df5fb30, fffff88004e2df50}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dne64x.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dne64x.sys
Probably caused by : dne64x.sys ( dne64x+ff50 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the verifier has caught this driver trying to corrupt the system and is the same we discussed around post #8.

dne64x.sys Tue Nov 11 01:01:24 2008: As mentioned in the above dump file this is Citrix Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport or Cisco Systems VPN Client and needs updating:
http://www.cisco.com/

In a previous post you mentioned that you needed to get the account information to update the above?

Cisco VPN client, downloaded from Cisco's page, has been installed. It looks like it's the same version/build as before, but I've reinstalled anyway.

Attachments

• CiscoInstall.PNG
    CiscoInstall.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 344
  • CiscoInstall2.PNG
    CiscoInstall2.PNG
    41.3 KB · Views: 354
Damn! I was hoping it would be a more recent update. Installing it anyway is still good idea however as it may have become corrupted. Please post back if the bsod's continue.

Back