Windows 7 new gpu BSOD help

hellios1

hello everyone,
i had just got my new GPU EVGA GeForce GT 630 and have windows 7 64 bit. I don't know why I'm getting the bluescreen please can someone help. here is the dmp file.

Attachments

• 020814-18080-01.dmp
    260.2 KB · Views: 349
  • 020814-18080-01.zip
    21 KB · Views: 205
I don't know for windows 7, but after a month of trying everything to get rid of the BSOD with windows 8.1, I finally actualised
my pc today and everything is now working ...even better than ever!

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88002fe866d, fffff880029f1f30, 0}

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+35166d )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
your dump file points to the gpu driver as the culprit although with only one dump file I'm a little limited on what I can tell you. As I couldn't get which type of system your using (lappie or desktop) then it could make a difference with your drivers. Laptop's usually get their drivers from the actual manufacturer whilst desktops can use drivers designed by the specific hardware vendor. I'll post links for updating your drivers but as I said if your using a laptop they might not be much help as you'll need to access the makers site.

b57nd60a.sys Sun Apr 26 12:14:55 2009: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet:
http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/downloaddrivers.php

nvlddmkm.sys Wed Oct 23 07:21:50 2013: GPU driver. Please uninstall using this application:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ This will remove any bits of driver file left behind. Re-install latest driver version:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

smwdm.sys Tue Nov 29 19:20:52 2005: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio driver:
http://soundmax-integrated-digital-audio.drivers.informer.com/

Try updating the above if it doesn't help then I'm going to need more information about your set up. Please read the thread found here and post the results:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.38837/

I'm going to try all the options you gave me, and sorry I have a desktop dell optiplex gx620
My setup:
CPU: Intel Pentium D 945 Dual core @3.4 GHz G
PU: Nvidia Geforce GT 630 2 GB
@810MHz
RAM: 4 GB DDR2 2x2GB
PSU: LEPA 550 watt
HDD:
160GB Seagate 7200rpm Motherboard:JD958 - Dell Optiplex gx620

Sent from my iPhone using WindowsForum

And I will keep you posted with all the things I will post from the forum you posted a link too.

here is that and here is the cpu-z. i had to go into safe mode and disable nvidia driver to start computer and get the info

Attachments

• W7F_09-02-2014.zip
    384.5 KB · Views: 316
  • screenshot.zip
    127.8 KB · Views: 222
My BIOS is on A11 the most recent BIOS
ImageUploadedByWindowsForum1391982485.637541.jpg

And i get this error when windows automatically installs the driver
ImageUploadedByWindowsForum1391982909.597776.jpg

You need to follow my advice given in post #3. Code 1 means there is either no driver or the drivers are incorrectly configured. If your using windows update to install your drivers then stop. Windows update can install old or incorrect versions.

Looks like your also missing a media driver of sorts... Might be your modem driver but check through the system webpage posted above.

I have to uninstall what windows installs and any type of driver t even start up the computer. The first time I tried the program I got an error. I will do it again when I get home from class today

ok i did all of that and got this bluescreen now here is the info. agian i had to go to safe mode and uninstall driver to post this. and seriously you are a big help :)

Attachments

• 021014-21247-01.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 206
  • W7F_10-02-2014.zip
    474.8 KB · Views: 351
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8004c0d010, fffff8800f1f4bbc, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+153bbc )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
same as before. GPU driver
As the gpu is new and has done this from the day you first used it then we have to consider that either the os needs re-installing (whenever I fit new hardware I always re-install so nothing from the old regime is left behind), that there is some incompatibility with your machine and the card (your machine is getting pretty old) lastly that the new gpu may be defective.
Can you check the card in a friends machine?
What were you using before you bought the new card?
Consider a re-install of the os.

Yeah, I can try and clean install and I was using a nvidia gt7600 and got the 630 to play some games. And yeah I'm in the process of building a gaming PC right now. It worked on my computer before, when I updated to win 7 it hasn't worked since

I also had problems after 6 months with BSODs on XP and I had win 7 disk so I installed it hoping that I could get it to work again

I believe that it was the nvlddmkm.sys error, i am positive it was the driver. I don't know why, when I updated the driver on xp to the latest driver it stopped working. So I rolled the driver back and got the same BSOD ever since then I have been getting the BSOD with any of the drivers

Also try running these tests to rule out other possibilities.

Download and run this application to test your RAM:
http://www.memtest.org/

Rightclick on the C drive, choose properties, look along the top for Tools and then click error checking. Tick any boxes to repair sectors.

Back