Windows 7 Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: rundll32.exe

Zev David

Anyone know what this is about? I get this Error message then my Win Explorer stops working.
then eventually BSOD. Afterwards windows wont boot.
A friend mentioned to re-install disks, however I didn't get them with this computer.
anyone?
Thanks
ZkingD

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: rundll32.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Application Timestamp: 4a5bc637
Fault Module Name: SYSPLA~2.DLL
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.5
Fault Module Timestamp: 52b1f07e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0006c98c
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Hi,
in order to better determine your actual issue we need to see the files generated when the machine blue screened. First though make sure your system is set to produce these files by changing your settings thus:
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click and apply to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

The files created when the system blue screens are called Dump files and are found in a folder marked 'Minidump'. This can be found in the main Windows folder. If you can't find it then it probably means your system wasn't set to produce dump files and you'll have to wait until the system bsod's again.
Once it does or if you already have dump files at hand read this thread and it will tell you what we need exactly:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.38837/

Back