Windows 7 Random BSOD after start-up

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C2, {7, 109b, 405001a, fffffa8005b26c10}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002eba100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002eba1c0
Probably caused by : ndis.sys ( ndis!nullDeleteFilter+15 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hey,
your other dump file was Bugcheck A and causes include:
This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high.
The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.
If you encounter bug check 0xA while upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.
The above dump file is most often a driver problem .Other possibilities include malware and even antivirus/antispyware/security programs and disk issues. The probable cause is ndis.sys which is part of the network interface.

As you've made some changes after the two dump files were generated I'm inclined to wait and see how you get on. If you do still get a bsod then we could try the driver verifier but let's see how you get on first.

Hi,
I tried to switch on my computer after removing Norton and updating Atheros and... it's disaster! I managed to run my computer after about 30 (yes, thirty!!) attempts. There were 2 BSODs (you can find dump files in attachment), computer restarted few times and I wasn't able to run it - it couldn't enter to OS and again there was no signal to monitor.
Right now, also some strange thing happens, as I am unable to click anything else apart from web browser content - all icons, start menu etc. in Windows is frozen... I'll have to make hard reset again...
After that, I'll try to make test with Speedfan, but in the evening I'll open my computer and make tests with RAM sticks.

EDIT: I made in-depth online analysis of my hard disk at SMART tab in Speedfan. There are the results: http://www.hddstatus.com/hdrepshowreport.php?ReportCode=8440815&ReportVerification=8C7837AE
What do you think about this?

Attachments

• 101314-42728-01.dmp
    295.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 101314-45084-01.dmp
    295.2 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff89ff2a0e6b4, 1, fffff880012b7948, 5}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
Hi,
Another Bugcheck 50 and Bugcheck 1E. both dump files can be caused by faulty RAM ,hardware issues and faulty system drivers.

NOTE : your hard disk Power On Hours Count attribute current value (95) is below the normal range (98 - 100) reported for your specific hard disk model. Basically your hard disk was powered on for more than the maximum time the average user did. This means that either all of the reports collected are from hard disks that were not powered on for too long (this is realistic for recent models) or that your hard disk is becoming old. Usually this is not considered as a pre-failure advisory, but you should check whether you want to replace the hardware or keep an eye on its performances over time.

NOTE : your hard disk Power Cycle Count attribute current value (97) is below the normal range (100 - 100) reported for your specific hard disk model. Basically your hard disk was power cycled more times than the maximum number the average hard disk was. Power cycles put some stress on the hard disk mechanic. Sometimes power cycles can be caused by a loose hard disk power connector. Make sure it is properly fastened.

SERIOUS ISSUE : your hard disk High Fly Writes attribute current value (1) is below the normal range (3 - 100) reported for your specific hard disk model. The hard disk monitors the distance between the head and the plates. When it deviates from specifications, a possibly bad write could happen. The hard disk logic updates this attribute counter and applies some counter-measures (tries to rewrite, reallocates the sector...). High temperatures and vibrations can influence this attribute.

The speedfan report is showing at least something to go on and as everything else has proved a dead end this is probably the likely culprit. You've basically tested everything else and nothing has shown up... Do you have a spare drive you could pop a version of win 7 on? If so try it, if the machine boots up as it should then you know it was the HDD failing.

Hi,

I removed one RAM stick and it didn't help - the computer freezed again couple of times. Now I switched RAM sticks and I'll see if it helps.
Regarding HDD - the problem is I don't have any other HDD... I could try to find some but I don't think that everything else was already checked as there is still a graphic card. When it will be proved that RAM is not the reason, I think I'll remove graphic card and try to run computer on the built-in graphic card - what do you think about it?

Hi,
to be honest when troubleshooting like this anything is worth a try as information gleaned is invaluable. Just so you can start to create a picture or list of what it definitely isn't. Basically troubleshooting is process of elimination. Sometimes your real lucky and the first thing tested proves to be the culprit but more often than not it takes repeated testing of various components until it can only be only one or two things.
In your case I do feel that the HDD is possibly the source of the issues as it could create the symptoms you have described. However as we have already discussed RAM and the GPU could also be in the mix as these too could give the symptoms you describe although you have tested both which came up with good results.
Try running SeaTools on the HDD. Don't worry if the drive isn't a Seagate as this will run on most drives:
http://www.seagate.com/gb/en/support/downloads/seatools/

Just to clarify yes it is a good idea to try the onboard GPU.. :)

Back