Windows 7 Unable to share printer error 2114

tburton

Ever since I upgraded to Win 7 now I am unable to share my USB connected EPSON printer. Administrative events show the following errors:

The print spooler failed to share printer EPSON Artisan 800 Series with shared resource name EPSON Artisan 800 Series. Error 2114. The printer cannot be used by others on the network.

The printer works fine on the Win 7 computer, sharing for the printer is enabled, but the printer can not be seen by other computers on the Network, as expected by the error.

I have tried uninstalling the printer driver and re-installing, and I have stopped and restarted th print spooler service still no luck. I also ran sfc /scannow and still no joy.

Does anyone have any clues as to what the problem might be?

TIA!!!

Hello and welcome to the windows7forums,

we all generally agree that upgrade is the wrong route to take.

it leaves hundreds of useless files on your system and can cause conflicts.

I'd suggest you perform a "clean" install

Be aware, you'll have to re-install all your 3rd party apps.

Simply write down the names so you'll know what to re-install.

I would agree 100%. I have had a number of issues and all but this one have been resolved. A clean install may be my last resort but I'm hopeful it might be something I'm just missing. One thing I thought of is to uninstall and re-install the printer driver in safe mode. But I'm not sure if this is a printer driver issue, or a OS print spool problem. If anyhone else has experienced a similar problem and solved, please let me know. TIA!

Solved!

It was a simple fix. Turns out it was a firewall problem. I had to reinstall McAfee last week to correct a scan problem. Turns out after re-installing it does not automatically add your trusted network IP range. Added and printer is sharing fine. :D

Yes,

When I installed my Lexmark printer a box popped up stating to make exceptions to the firewall for the printer.

Back
Top Bottom