Windows Vista Win 7 internet issues

crabbyone

I did a clean install of Windows 7 and now,I am having problems...
I am testing Windows 7 on a work computer, on a Domain. I have Admin rights on the Domain, and everything worked PERFECTLY, untill I moved to the RC. Thats when the internet issues started. We use iPrism for our proxy server for internet access. With the beta, anyone allowed internet access was able to get on with no problems. With the RC, it is not be able to authenticate them and prompts for a login and password. Even if the login/password are entered, it will not let them connect and if they try more than 3 times, their user account is locked out (this is defined in our group policy and is not a problem). The funny part-I installed Firefox and although I have to enter the username and password for any new sites, it works...AND keeps the information I put in and allows me to use the internet.
I put the part in about the password in here since it seems to me that Windows authentication is where the failure/problem may be. It is almost like something is not transmitting or working right with the domain controller from this machine. I have tested IE 8 on several other machines (XP Pro on 125 machines and Vista Business on over 150 machines) with no problems, so I dont feel that it is the problem.
Has anyone seen or experienced anything like this with either the Beta or RC? Not sure where else to look...

Internet Explorer issues

Bump...

Still having trouble with this. Getting weirder though...
Sometimes (more often than not) if I use Firefox, then IE8, everything works fine. The rest of the time there is no problem with IE8. Has anyone had any trouble with any proxy servers or filtering devices?

I did a clean install of Windows 7 and now,I am having problems...
I am testing Windows 7 on a work computer, on a Domain. I have Admin rights on the Domain, and everything worked PERFECTLY, untill I moved to the RC. Thats when the internet issues started. We use iPrism for our proxy server for internet access. With the beta, anyone allowed internet access was able to get on with no problems. With the RC, it is not be able to authenticate them and prompts for a login and password. Even if the login/password are entered, it will not let them connect and if they try more than 3 times, their user account is locked out (this is defined in our group policy and is not a problem). The funny part-I installed Firefox and although I have to enter the username and password for any new sites, it works...AND keeps the information I put in and allows me to use the internet.
I put the part in about the password in here since it seems to me that Windows authentication is where the failure/problem may be. It is almost like something is not transmitting or working right with the domain controller from this machine. I have tested IE 8 on several other machines (XP Pro on 125 machines and Vista Business on over 150 machines) with no problems, so I dont feel that it is the problem.
Has anyone seen or experienced anything like this with either the Beta or RC? Not sure where else to look...
I'm having the exact same issue. We have an iPrism filtering solution and do not have this issue with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 Beta 1. The problem was introduced with Windows 7 RC1. Has anyone found a resolution to this?

I am having the exact same problem. Works on FireFox but not on Win 7.
IE8 works fine on my XP os so its not a browser issue - I think.
This is really frustrating as the entire OS does not see the internet due to this issue (ie virus update, etc)

Hello...is this thing on?

Anyone have a clue about this issue yet?
I installed Win7 RTM today (not RC), into a domain, and IE will not let me out through our Proxy. Firefox asks for my username and password credentials, then gives me web access. But not IE.

I can access network shares and printers without a problem. So my domain user account seems to be working fine, other than Internet access through the proxy server. Any help would be appreciated.

I too am having this problem. I wonder if it has anything to do with the ipv6 settings. In the Local Area Connection Status window it says:

-IPv4 Connectivity: Internet
-IPv6 Connectivity: No network access

I assume IE is trying to use ipv6 but I don't know how to configure that...

I found the fix on someone's blog.

Click Start
Click Control Panel
Click Administrative Tools
Double-Click Local Security Policy
In the left pane, click the triangle next to Local Policy
In the left pane, click Security Options
In the right pane near the bottom, double-click “Network security: LAN manager authentication level”
Click the drop-down box, and click “Send LM & NTLM – use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated”
Click OK

This worked like a charm on Windows 7 Pro. I'm sure it'll work with other versions.

That'll do it!

Thanks....that's the trick. Ran in to this fix earlier this week also...just forgot to get back to this forum and update my post. :) Our "filter people" finally got back to us with the exact same steps you posted here. Thanks again.

Back