Windows 10 Windows 10 RAM Consumption increase (memory leak)

Kingslorth

I upgraded to windows 10, but for some reason a large amount of my ram is being used as well. I start up my pc at 70% some times. I have 8gb of ram.
Also, if i were to downgrade back to 8.1, would the ram still get consumed as much?
Regedit, going to NDU and then to start and changing it to 4 doesn t seem that it worked.
If i downgrade to windows 8.1 and see that it doesn't work, can i re-upgrade to 10?

Windows will often cache applications you run often in the memory so they're instantly available when you use them. This can look like there's a lot of memory use but it's quite normal.

Windows will often cache applications you run often in the memory so they're instantly available when you use them. This can look like there's a lot of memory use but it's quite normal.
The thing is though, it hits 95% and my pc slows down, and it's rather annoying to say the least. To top it off, for some reason "System" app reaches over 1 gb some times and i have no idea why.

Try this, when you see it's being used a lot check the Task manager to see what's running.

Try this, when you see it's being used a lot check the Task manager to see what's running.
I've been using task manager all along, the programs themselves don't show up on it. And i can't disable the system program when it runs high, because that's for my pc system obviously. Everything that runs which i have open and i can visually see (also some background processes which i know are on) but they don't make up the % of RAM being used.

I would use Procexp and sort by workingset and see what is using up the most memory. I have a ton of applications open and I'm only using 3GBs

I've been using task manager all along, the programs themselves don't show up on it. And i can't disable the system program when it runs high, because that's for my pc system obviously. Everything that runs which i have open and i can visually see (also some background processes which i know are on) but they don't make up the % of RAM being used.
If you upgraded chances are a clean install will sort this out. I would try that at the earliest opportunity.

Try opening the Resource Monitor, go to the Memory tab and see what is showing for memory use on the bottom of the screen. Make sure the numbers for total and installed are close to the correct amount.

Maybe you will see one of the items listed as showing a very large amount of memory being used.

Try opening the Resource Monitor, go to the Memory tab and see what is showing for memory use on the bottom of the screen. Make sure the numbers for total and installed are close to the correct amount.

Maybe you will see one of the items listed as showing a very large amount of memory being used.
I already tried that, the numbers did not add up. I just downgraded to 8.1 and everything is fine again. My RAM usage is correct and what not and i'm happy. Unfortunately i don't have the great UI of W10, but i'm down with 8.1, i don't mind it too much.
So what seems to be the obvious answer is that my computer doesn't go well with 10 like others do. Perhaps it's a glitch.

Someone else looking at your data may have been able to see a problem... Oh well... let's just say your experience is not a normal situation for Windows 10. Possibly you had some Application which was not compatible with Windows 10 and was misbehaving.

I already tried that, the numbers did not add up. I just downgraded to 8.1 and everything is fine again. My RAM usage is correct and what not and i'm happy. Unfortunately i don't have the great UI of W10, but i'm down with 8.1, i don't mind it too much.
So what seems to be the obvious answer is that my computer doesn't go well with 10 like others do. Perhaps it's a glitch.
I think it's possibly down to the upgrade and a clean install might see you running correctly. Users have been encountering all sorts of different issues so it is possible.

Back