Windows 8 Windows 8.1 HomeGroup help needed

brkkab

Excellent Member
I could use some help with this one. I purchased a Asus 1015E-DS01 notebook about 1 1/2 weeks ago. It came with Windows 8 x64 and as soon as I got it, I updated it to Windows 8.1 x64 and updated it. I then got rid of the crapware on it, updated drivers and installed my software. The notebook detects my desktop pc's Windows 8.1 Pro x64 w/Media Center pc's HomeGroup and the correct password. However, it fail's to join the HomeGroup. I've run the HomeGroup troubleshooter on each and it still can't connect. The desktop pc is wired to my router and cable modem. The notebook is using wifi and is no more than 3 feet from my router. I've even tried putting Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 in Gaming Mode on both and the notebook still can't connect to the HomeGroup. Is there anything I'm missing here ? I also, had a issue on the desktop 8.1 Pro x64 pc's HomeGroup not letting me share documents, music, pictures and videos. I solved that one this past Friday by restoring a system image I made and then updating my software. It then let me share everything. Still at this time the notebook still detects the desktop HomeGroup and password, but still fail's to join it. I've also run Bitdefender, SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes free on each, even in Safe Mode and no malware was found. CheckDisk and sfc /scannow both find nothing wrong on either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom