Windows 8.1 - Problems - Pin "Calulator" to taskbar, Scrolling files & Image transfer from Camera

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Help and Support' started by Ravi R, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Ravi R

Ravi R New Member

I am totally unhappy about windows 8. Many good features from earlier windows are missing such as -

1) You can not pin "Calculator" to the task bar. In earlier versions you could open the calculator, over other windows.
    2) While scrolling to folders / files in Explorer or any software, the screen jumps abruptly to up or down
    3) While transferring Images from camera. You can not select part images for transfer along with renaming. This feature was available in Windows XP
  2. davidhk129

davidhk129 Well-Known Member

RE : Calculator - unable to Pin to Taskbar
    Why not? I can with my Win 8.1 Pro.
    Maybe members using Win 8 would like to jump in for comments?

Image 1.png

Image 2.png
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  3. davidhk129

davidhk129 Well-Known Member

RE : screen jumps up and down while scrolling
    Perhaps you might want to check the resolution as well as checking to make sure all drivers are updated ?

RE : Camera
    I don't use that option. Can't comment.
  4. Sonny

Sonny Senior Member

You can pin the calculator to the task bar in Win 8 and Win 8.1. Mine has been pinned with no problems at all. As for the screen jumping up and down it could be your mouse if you use the wheel to scroll with.
  5. Drew

Drew Excellent Member

Ravi,

Answering in reverse order:

#3. There is no problem or inability to transfer images in Win8.1. Not clear what is meant, in this case, by "partial image"; certainly an image can be saved & then cropped in Paint.
    #2. This has been adequately answered, already. The OS has no issue, or bug to make it culpable.
    #1. False. Anything in Win8.1 can be Pinned to Start and or Taskbar. There are 2 methods to achieve this.
    A. As shown in the screenshot via Search
    B. Using ALL Applications, Rt Clk desired item > Open File Location. Once there, Rt Clk & again, choose Pin to Start & or Pin to Taskbar.

Personally, have not found any lack of functionality, inability to do things or features missing in Win8.1. Does everything as well or better than prior Windows. I am totally happy about Windows 8.1 (or 8.0, for that matter).

Cheers,
    Drew
    290_Windows8_1.jpg