Windows 8 Windows 8 Browsers? Please help! Pages load broken??

faction

I've been experiencing this issue many times, and quite frankly it's very annoying.

After the first few days of getting my new laptop (Samsung) and it came pre-installed with windows 8. I opened it, opened Internet Explorer to download Google Chrome, and start browsing.

Perhaps a few days or maybe a week or so go bye, and a problem occurs... Pages I have previously loaded in the past load broken in the present, however, clearing the cache only temporary fixes it, and it builds up on the cache, and starts working how it was before.

I've switched to Mozilla FireFox, and for a few days, it was working perfectly... But today, it's loading worse broken pages than Chrome did. I assume it's the same problem.

Anyways, I've heard a TON of people with the same issue (particularly Samsung laptops), not sure why, but I have no clue how to fix this, and really wish I could. I've heard some people use IE because it's the only browser that doesn't load like crap, but although I hate it, I'll use it if it's my last choice.

If someone could help me, that would be amazing, and I apologize if this is the wrong section.

Cheers.

I have had similar problems with my browsers. IE10 seemed to give me more headaches than the rest. I tried a browser called Maxthon and so far it has worked pretty good. Not much help to you I know but sure someone will have some thoughts on what to do about.

I have had similar problems with my browsers. IE10 seemed to give me more headaches than the rest. I tried a browser called Maxthon and so far it has worked pretty good. Not much help to you I know but sure someone will have some thoughts on what to do about.

Ah okay, thank you for your input... I wish someone knew how to fix this damn issue.

I've just chatted with Samsung live support, and they told me to reformat my laptop, as this is a "minor software conflict".

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect it's either a cookie setting or an add-on causing the problem. Check your add-on's for each browser you are useing. Clear the cookies for each browser then turn off all the add-ons and then turn them on one at a time and start browsing to see if broken links appear. Do this for each add-on.

Yeah I kinda agree with Jim, I use chrome as my main browser simply because this forum doesn't like IE10 and the same can be said for a number of sites. I know the compatibility button works for some but not all. Saying all this I do really like IE10 and use it when I can but for the main part stick with Chrome. Compatibility with HTML5 is getting better but we've still got a way to go.. I use Ccleaner to handle my cache ect although once a week I use the more in depth disk clean via command prompt.
When you say pages you'd loaded in the past had become broken, do you mean the link in your favourites had become corrupted or?
It might also be worth giving your pc a scan with malwarbytes, just in case..

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Alright.. Now it's having blue screens. I don't experience them, but when I close the lid to my laptop, and go take a shower or something, and re-open it afterwards, I turn on my laptop, and it says it's recovered from an unexpected shutdown, and says it was a bluescreen...

I also try to browse the web sometimes, but ANY website I try to go to just goes to the website and has the loading symbol - but that's it.. It just keeps loading, I suppose, so I have to restart my computer in order to fix this issue.

And when I restart it, it ALWAYS says This app is preventing you from restarting.. are you sure you want to restart, or force close, something like that... I'm not sure why.

'faction',

I have used Chrome & FF on Windows 8 w/ no problem @ all. Admittedly, was not on a Samsung, not that I can imagine what difference that should/would make. I not do not use either of them, just IE10, because it is my preference.

Anyway, that said... do a Refresh or even a full blown restore/recovery & start off using IE10. If everything is ok w/ that, then try the other browsers you want.

I could give you a bunch of other things to do or try 1st... save the time & fuss.

You have an OS or computer issue not, a browser issue.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo.jpg

A least that, Jim. If not corruption or just plain 'broken' so to speak. But, yes, does sound like could be malware...

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo.jpg

Some updates:

I've done a complete full restore, everything is okay, but the browser issue is still a problem. I have yet to find any solutions, and so have many others I've found on the internet. I get the broken page issue until I clear my browser's cache. I'm so confused on this, and I'm really tired of it. I have Avast! free anti-virus, and it just ran a scan, I was free of viruses, but I'll also run a Malewarebytes scan soon.

The people at Samsung told me to do a complete restore, back to factory settings, and this would fix my issue, but it hasn't yet.

Anyone have any solutions?

My only browser add-on is Avast! WebRep.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to recommend Avast to my clients. But, I have to ask... why did you or would install a 3rd party security on Windows 8 when it wasn't/isn't necessary?

My other question is... does IE10 work ok? Is this browser issue you are seeing only w/ other browsers?

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo.jpg

I used to recommend Avast to my clients. But, I have to ask... why did you or would install a 3rd party security on Windows 8 when it wasn't/isn't necessary?

My other question is... does IE10 work ok? Is this browser issue you are seeing only w/ other browsers?

Cheers,
Drew
View attachment 1061

Because the stock anti-virus, Norton, is not what I use. I dislike Norton Security. I checked in with the support again, and they said that I should send it into the shop. I have a 14-month manufacture's warranty, so I would have to pay nothing but shipping or gas, if I decided to go to the shop, but it's 235 miles away from me, and I don't trust the postal service, so I'm just crossing my fingers for now, and thinking of what I should do.

I have not tried IE10 as much as I use the other browsers, but I may get back to you if this recent update does not fix my issue.

Ok, I must say 2 things...

1. IE10 is excellent.
2. I fully support your feelings & statement regarding Norton. In all my years in IT have felt the same lack of enthusiasm for it. Hav, on countless occasions removed it from my customers machines, either on my advice or their request. BUT...
And this is where I'm having a hard time... Norton is NOT the embedded security native to Windows 8 & ON by default... on from the moment the OS is live. That is called Windows Defender in Windows 8 and it is what we have known as Microsoft Security Essentials. If the OEM was OFFERING Norton (instead) there was no need to use it, activate it nor to install anything, something else instead, like Avast. Avast is good but, w/ Windows 8, unnecessary... Defender, native to the OS is excellent. Norton was, oh, let's call it, an option. An option that should have been ignored. I trust you understand me. Really, I recommend using the WD security that is part of Windows 8. In other words no security needs to be installed or added to Windows 8...it is, already, there out-of-the-box.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo.jpg

Ok, I must say 2 things...

1. IE10 is excellent.
2. I fully support your feelings & statement regarding Norton. In all my years in IT have felt the same lack of enthusiasm for it. Hav, on countless occasions removed it from my customers machines, either on my advice or their request. BUT...
And this is where I'm having a hard time... Norton is NOT the embedded security native to Windows 8 & ON by default... on from the moment the OS is live. That is called Windows Defender in Windows 8 and it is what we have known as Microsoft Security Essentials. If the OEM was OFFERING Norton (instead) there was no need to use it, activate it nor to install anything, something else instead, like Avast. Avast is good but, w/ Windows 8, unnecessary... Defender, native to the OS is excellent. Norton was, oh, let's call it, an option. An option that should have been ignored. I trust you understand me. Really, I recommend using the WD security that is part of Windows 8. In other words no security needs to be installed or added to Windows 8...it is, already, there out-of-the-box.

Cheers,
Drew
View attachment 1062

I'll think about Windows Defender. :p Anyways, I've been using IE for a while now, and it seems there's no problems. It actually runs really good. I'm surprised, and I like it.

Do you run yours in fullscreen?

Not usually... I have a fairly large monitor and if I did (1) it's all I could have & see on the screen & (2) for most web sites would be a bunch of blank unnecessary space on each side of the site window.

Mind you I (only) use the good ole desktop browser not, the or that IE APP thing.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo.jpg

Not usually... I have a fairly large monitor and if I did (1) it's all I could have & see on the screen & (2) for most web sites would be a bunch of blank unnecessary space on each side of the site window.

Mind you I (only) use the good ole desktop browser not, the or that IE APP thing.

Cheers,
Drew
View attachment 1068

Yeah, I only use the desktop browser too. Full screen stuff is kinda not my thing right now.

Anyways.. S Agent (Samsung Agent) is what I found out what prevented my computer from restarting, it has all these notifications, the most useless application I think... It tells me when new apps are installed... And I'm the one installing them, so I'd know if they are or not >.>.

Anyways, the only useful thing is when I was reading it, it said a blue screen occurred two days ago... Now I haven't seen any blue screens yet, but I guess they're occurring when my laptop is on sleep or something. It said click here for more information, however, I clicked there, and nothing popped up...

It's really hard to read but, I will strongly suggest, based on experience, the issue is hardware , not software. Do you have a TV tuner in it. May well be that or vid card or ... but, there some component it doesn't like.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo.jpg

Faction,

If you pop into our Bsod sub forum and do a quick post attaching the files in c:\windows\Minidump\ we can have a look at whats causing the bsods for you.

NmsUK

Back