Windows 10 Windows Upgrade Issue

About 2 hours ago, I updated my computer from windows 8.1 to windows 10 home. The setup was going all fine until it said that it was done and it rebooted. My computer has since been stuck in a reboot loop, with there being no signal on my monitor. It has been suggested that I should update my BIOS, but I can't do that without my screen so what should I do?

Joel is it possible for you to download and burn a Windows 10 iso from this page (using a different machine of course):
Windows 10

If you could then you could use it to boot from and then access the Repair function:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/927392

Even if you have a Windows 8.1 disk you could try booting from that and running the repair option.

@kemical i will give this a go tomorrow morning and get back to you. Do you have any idea of what had caused this? My computer was fine before the update?
Also, can I use a USB to boot from? Or does it have to be a disc?

Do you have any idea of what had caused this? My computer was fine before the update?
Not really... Unless your machine isn't compatible but if it's running win 8.1 then it probably is. It could just one of those things.. hopefully :)
Also, can I use a USB to boot from? Or does it have to be a disc?
Sure as long as your motherboard will allow you to boot from USB then you'll be fine.

@kemical i made a boot usb of windows 10, but I still can't see my screen and it is still restarting after I have pressed the usual function keys to try and boot:(

Ok so you made a bootable USB containing a copy of the windows 10 iso yes? You now need to boot into the bios and change your boot order so that you boot off the USB stick. Follow the prompts as if your going to install windows but at the install screen click 'Repair' instead. This will give you access to tools which should allow you to fix the start up error.

Have you checked the connections are ok? If your using HDMI or something try swapping to another format if you have the cables like DVI.

So you can't even see the bios? Can you swap the monitor or TV with another?

Do you know how to access the machines bios?

So when the monitor is attached and you reboot, the screen doesn't register anything and just remains in the state 'no signal'?
Or does it give you any boot screens at all?

@kemical yes, I can't see anything at all apart from the no signal indicator, and this applies for all 3 TV screens. Do you know if there is a live chat thing with someone from Microsoft to fix this or..?

Last edited:
Hi Joel,
can you post the make and model of your computer. I'm not sure why I didn't ask you this earlier but anyway please post the specifications.

Thank you for the information. I did a snip of this page:
Windows 10 Update
and as you can see your model is supported:
win10.JPG

Trying to find drivers for your actual model though seems almost impossible using their website. See if you have any better luck with inputting your serial number:
Support Download

Back