Windows 7 0x124 Hil.dll

bleachpedro3

Hey guys can you help me fix my computer?It's an insprion 580 with 8GB of ram,GT220,Recently added Thermal Cooling and 600 Watt PSU.Memtest passed all the tests.I read it could be the volts,I have no clue how do change this plus my i5 is manufacturer locked.It could be memory volts or clock speeds but I am a major noob at this.So yeah I have more inforamtion if you need it,thanks :DView attachment 090611-20997-01.dmp

Sorry the problem was Hal.dll,I spelled it wrimg

Last edited:
From what I can tell, it does seem to be a hardware problem possibly related to sound. You might see if any newer drivers are available for whatever system you have. Dump files do not always give accurate info as to the cause of a problem. Something related might be involved and making it seem like the audio system.

You also have an older driver, which might be OK, but you could check. If this is an Afterburner utility, I saw one mention of this file being dated from 2010. The 32 bit version may be different. If you are not using the utility, you might uninstall it.

RTCore64.sys from 2005
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\RTCore64.sys

You have not installed SP1? More experienced folks may see some other problematic drivers, but I am not that familiar.

From what I can tell, it does seem to be a hardware problem possibly related to sound. You might see if any newer drivers are available for whatever system you have. Dump files do not always give accurate info as to the cause of a problem. Something related might be involved and making it seem like the audio system.

You also have an older driver, which might be OK, but you could check. If this is an Afterburner utility, I saw one mention of this file being dated from 2010. The 32 bit version may be different. If you are not using the utility, you might uninstall it.

RTCore64.sys from 2005
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\RTCore64.sys

You have not installed SP1? More experienced folks may see some other problematic drivers, but I am not that familiar.

Uninstalled Msi,Installed Service Pack 1,Installed the newest problem too,still a BSOD.

Got some new dump files, maybe they will show something different..

The files I have checked all say it is a hardware problem. For some reason, the Hardware Abstraction Layer seems to be having an issue. It caught java.exe once and Crysis2. Your first dump referred to sound, so I will have to stick with that. You do have an Intel HD driver I do not have, but it could be normal.

My second guess would be a video driver, but I do not have the experience to tell you much more. Maybe someone else will see something.

You might check Msconfig to see if there are any drivers being loaded you could disable for testing.

Edit: I have not yet found which dump file was done after you installed SP1, but I did see one that had the following:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.

This would seem to point to a video problem...You may want to turn your system off and unplug it, then reseat the video card along with checking for a newer driver.

Last edited:
The files I have checked all say it is a hardware problem. For some reason, the Hardware Abstraction Layer seems to be having an issue. It caught java.exe once and Crysis2. Your first dump referred to sound, so I will have to stick with that. You do have an Intel HD driver I do not have, but it could be normal.

My second guess would be a video driver, but I do not have the experience to tell you much more. Maybe someone else will see something.

You might check Msconfig to see if there are any drivers being loaded you could disable for testing.

Edit: I have not yet found which dump file was done after you installed SP1, but I did see one that had the following:

This would seem to point to a video problem...You may want to turn your system off and unplug it, then reseat the video card along with checking for a newer driver.

These were the ones,I will replace my video card with another and see how that works!Any other ideas?Thanks!

Attachments

• 090911-27690-01.dmp
    280.6 KB · Views: 469
  • 090911-30186-01.dmp
    283.6 KB · Views: 485
  • 090911-31371-01.dmp
    284.5 KB · Views: 501
Changing card made it last wayyy longer,is 170F too much?That's the temp of my new card,should I get cooling on it?Anyways it lasted longer before the bsod an d I forgot to mention that the after bsod it beeps 7 times

170 for idle? its abouty 70-80 C is quite warm to be fair!

the beeps indiciate a hardware issue, since the stop code is 124 its certainly pointign to hardware, remove the GFX card out complettly and run from the onboard

see if u bluescreen

170 for idle? its abouty 70-80 C is quite warm to be fair!

the beeps indiciate a hardware issue, since the stop code is 124 its certainly pointign to hardware, remove the GFX card out complettly and run from the onboard

see if u bluescreen

But I replaced my old card with this one :( .Could it be a heating issue now?

124 is a generic stop code that indicates there are hardware issue, if this is heat , misconfigutation or the parts of faulty , the 124 is bland to be fair as it doesnt point to the fault hence lots of testing.. this is just for testing purposes ONLY to use on the board

124 is a generic stop code that indicates there are hardware issue, if this is heat , misconfigutation or the parts of faulty , the 124 is bland to be fair as it doesnt point to the fault hence lots of testing.. this is just for testing purposes ONLY to use on the board

So I'll be taking out my current card and putting using the internal right?

well what we have to see is, if the computer stil BSOD then we know it CANNOT be the card since its still BSOD, next to test is RAM.... be prepared..

download a program called Memtest86+

this program will test your ram for faults

Take all the ram out of your pc except one,

stop at 7 passes ( the pass count in the middle not the top)

OR

untill you get errors ( red lines accross lower part of screen) + error count will increase

which ever comes first

if the RAM passes then this is ok, if the ram fails then put this to the side

If the stick passses then we could have a good stick, put this in next slot on the board, repeat the process untill you have used the same stick in all slots, then once the same stick has been in all slots you then try the secon stick of RAM and repeat this process

You need to check all RAM you have and do the same as above

7 passes may take a few hours so be patient :) ( the passes are in the middle not at the top)

Last edited:
well what we have to see is, if the computer stil BSOD then we know it CANNOT be the card since its still BSOD, next to test is RAM.... be prepared..

download a program called Memtest86+

this program will test your ram for faults

Take all the ram out of your pc except one,

stop at 7 passes ( the pass count in the middle not the top)

OR

untill you get errors ( red lines accross lower part of screen) + error count will increase

which ever comes first

if the RAM passes then this is ok, if the ram fails then put this to the side

If the stick passses then we could have a good stick, put this in next slot on the board, repeat the process untill you have used the same stick in all slots, then once the same stick has been in all slots you then try the secon stick of RAM and repeat this process

You need to check all RAM you have and do the same as above

7 passes may take a few hours so be patient :) ( the passes are in the middle not at the top)

I've done that before,got all passes.Ive been seeing and it seems like it could be overheating,the GPU has yet to pass 165 F when I take it out of where I usually put it,an enclosed space.No BSOD yet and I played Dead Island and Garrys Mod for 2 Hour+

Could Overheating cause 0x124?

Last edited:
I would certainly image it could since the sheer heat, i mean 165 is way too hot , have you overclocked or anything?

I would certainly image it could since the sheer heat, i mean 165 is way too hot , have you overclocked or anything?

Nope,anyways I changed the Video Card t again and the max it is now when on load(Dead Island and Crysis 2,although not at same time) was 165F.It seems the problem could have been that my case only has holes on one side,and I placed the Desktop in a rectangular holder which is part of my desk.This hold was very tight so maybe because the hot air was trapped the computer would heat up more then it is now,when it is outside the hold.Anyways,my core voltage is at 2V and I cant change this,what do I do?My CPU is Manufacturer locked and restoring defaults in Bios does nothing,I also had recently bought a 600Watt PSU. Thanks! :D

Just for info and comparison purposes, I run a GTX 480 and the GPU temp on it at idle 47° C (117° F) Crysis2 84° C (183° F), but of course your GPU might be rated for a lower temp than this one.

Are we not looking at the sound at all?

Just for info and comparison purposes, I run a GTX 480 and the GPU temp on it at idle 47° C (117° F) Crysis2 84° C (183° F), but of course your GPU might be rated for a lower temp than this one.

Are we not looking at the sound at all?

My GT120 is 117F idle and 167F MAX ,pretty sure the problem was overheating :untroubled: .Is the GTX480 worth the money still should I wait for a better one that goes as low as the GTX now?

Back
Top Bottom