Windows 7 0xc000000e after computer is unplugged

GeeGee27

Hi everyone,

I have a six month old Windows 7 PC, no hardware or software changes since purchase. At night I turn the PC off at the wall (anything to keep the electric bill down) and for the past few days, every morning when I start up, I get the following message:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem[instructions about using the recovery disc]File:\Boot\BCDStatus 0xc000000eAn error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data.The weird thing is that, if I at this point press esc and the computer tries again, it loads flawlessly without any issues at all.

Any ideas what might be causing this. All I've got is the hunch that it's something vaguely power related...

Thanks in advance!
G

Hello and welcome to the forum.
It would be nice to have some system specs in your forum profile to be able to make a more educated guess http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...you-filling-your-system-specs.html#post235529
But since your suspicions are probably pretty close, when the problem occurs can you enter the System's BIOS Setup Utility and check the Date and Time that it is reporting and check to see if it is accurate.
Sometime a bad capacitor (often in the Power Supply Unit) can drain the CMOS battery overnight and result in the system BIOS parameters defaulting to erroneous defaults.
Regards
Randy

i will pitt my specs up, but thankfully the cause of this issue seems to have been apoorly seated cable. hopefully it wont happen again!
thanks for your help :d

Got to love the easy ones. Thanks for the followup.
And thanks for joining the forum. Hope to continue to see you around
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom