Windows 7 1935 Error

woodart

I've attempted to install a couple new applications (Adobe Acrobat and IMSI TurboCad 17.1) recently and in each case received a 1935 error, causing the installation to terminate and roll back. I have done a registry scan/clean as well as virus/spyware scans and the problem persists. I have run the installations under Administrator and disabled my virus checker, also with no success.

I am using Win7 Professional 6.1 with all service packs and updates current.

Help!

What version of net framework do you have installed?? Error 1935 is a net framework installation error?

Ken j

I'm using 4.0.

Are there any errors in event viewer?

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

Let us know if you need help with any of this.

Ken

Here's the data from the Event Viewer. There were three critical errors shown (two of them identical) for the event.

[FONT=&quot]Error: MS Installer:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Product: TurboCAD Professional 17 -- Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {9BAE13A2-E7AF-D6C3-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x80070002. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, assembly name: Microsoft.VC80.MFC,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Event ID 11935[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Error: SidebySide:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\IMSIDesign\TCWP17\Program\Tcw17.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Event ID 33[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Error: SidebySide:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\IMSIDesign\TCWP17\Program\Tcw17.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Event ID 33[/FONT]

Back