Windows 7 2 operative systems....

alduatic

Hello people!

I just installed Windows 7 over Windows Vista, now there's two systems on my computer. I want to remove Vista, but I don't know how to do it, anyone who can guide me through it? I would be very thankfull....

Btw I searched for "two operative systems" and couldn't find any other thread about it.

Here is a good video that gives step by step instructions for removing Windows Vista, 7, or XP from a dual boot system. Basically follow the directions here to remove one of the OS's using the Bootsec command, do a bit of cleanup, and reformat the drive or partition where you had the second OS installed. Make sure to back up any files/settings from the operating system you wish to delete. Hope this helps. :)

Video @ TechRepublic

WOW, hang on,

Are you saying you can run Vista or Windows 7 or is it just the fact that Vista shows up in the list of operating systems at boot up?

If you could post a attachment of Disk Management, that would be of great help.

Oh yea wow I just noticed that lol. If you installed one over the other that's a different matter.

Haha, thanks for your help guys but I don't know.

I just installed windows 7 over Vista. When I start the computer I can choose between 7 and Vista. I use Windows 7 now but I want to remove Vista...both are installed on C:

I'm new to this and I'm very confused right now...

Last edited:
I don't want to sound rude here but you should have searched for "Two Operating Systems", not "Two Operative Systems".. ;)

Haha, thanks for your help guys but I don't know.

I just installed windows 7 over Vista. When I start the computer I can choose between 7 and Vista. I use Windows 7 now but I want to remove Vista...both are installed on C:

I'm new to this and I'm very confused right now...
Vista Boot Pro should solve your problem. Make sure you read the help therein.

You can go to Start > Run, and type msconfig.

Click the Boot tab, highlight the Windows Vista entry and choose Delete.

Make sure Vista is not set as the default OS.

I uploaded a picture: Link Removed due to 404 Error

There's no Windows Vista in boot tab.

I have x32 system type, that means that the x86(x32) works best for my computer right? Can I use x64 aswell?

Thank you guys for being so helpful....

Try this..

Right-clcik on the Computer icon on the desktop, choose properties, under Startup and Recovery, click the Settings button. What is listed here?

Sorry, you have to click on Advanced System Settings on that screen to access what I mentioned.

Bcdedit is a command-line utility for editing the boot manager.

However, the options are difficult to understand.

I'd suggest you download EasyBCD

EasyBCD is NeoSmart Technologies' multiple award-winning answer to tweaking the new Windows Vista bootloader. With EasyBCD, almost anything is possible. Setting up and configuring Windows boot entries is simple, and there is no easier way to quickly boot right into Linux, Mac OS X, or BSD straight from the Windows Vista bootloader - on the fly, no expert knowledge needed!

I will check it out. Thank you very much for your help mr

Could you confirm that I should use x32 bit on my computer?

You can delete the c:\windows.old directory.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by using the 32-bit edition or 64-bit edition.

You already have the 32-bit version installed, correct?

Well there is two versions...x32 (x86 if I didn't missunderstood it) and x64..
Now I don't know which of these works best for my computer

To be honest with you man, I have no f* idea which one I installed haha (I just installed one to try it out, now I like it) but I have been reading so much about W7 that I'm starting to understand it. I will reinstall everything tomorrow...but I don't know which W7 version to use on my computer so it runs best..

I have another problem.. I can't watch a movie cause it says: Link Removed due to 404 Error

haha, L O S T

According to the graphic you posted, you're using the 32-bit edition.

Regarding the error message, I see no way to fix that without buying a new card.

I don't think it's one of those joke error message boxes.

Could you provide me with the exact make nd model of your video card.

Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. Under the Components section, look for Display and give me the Adapter Description

Back