2 programs have internet access

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Networking' started by lftrpllr1990, Feb 12, 2009.

1. lftrpllr1990

lftrpllr1990 New Member

soon after installing the 7 beta random programs have started to loose their internet connectivity, right now the only programs that have access to the internet would be firefox, and a recently installed game. no other programs cannot acess the internet. not even windows update. i have tried disabling the windows firewall with no success. its getting worse as time goes on. ill download and install a new program, with it right off the bat having no internet access.

any help?

2. loathe

loathe New Member

hmm seems like all my Windows programs (IE8 and WLM) seem to have no internet access too. I mean they did, until today. Ive tried all the obvious things but I cant get it to work. Im looking into this myself and will let you know if I cant fix it.
    Like you my Firefox and my games do have internet access.

Anyone know of quick fix?

******FIXED******

evidently this happens to a lot of people and it has the stupidest fix (just worked for me)

Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options
    Under the "Connections" tab theres a button "LAN Settings" click it and tick the box "use a proxy server for your LAN" and "ok" out of it all. Then go back in and untick the box again.

lol Im not kidding this worked for me

#2 loathe, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  3. getmanan

getmanan New Member

had this problem since so long! n sucha a stupid fix.! but it really worked! Thanx Man!

4. happyjayme

happyjayme Banned

OMG! Thank you so much! I've had this problem for ages and have spent countless hours trying to fix it. It's actually great when its a stupid fix. Just gotta know what it is!! :)

Thx again.
    jayme

5. loathe

loathe New Member

haha Im glad you have got it fixed. Was a very annoying problem

6. AramiS

AramiS New Member

OMG! Thanks for the tip Bro!

7. webster

webster New Member

Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options
    Under the "Connections" tab theres a button "LAN Settings" click it and tick the box "use a proxy server for your LAN" and "ok" out of it all. Then go back in and untick the box again.

lol Im not kidding this worked for me[/quote]

tried that wiht no luck...
    i am back online for the moment after the windowws diagnostic system reset the network adapter, but it has typically not lasted...