Windows 7 2 questions

Best way, I guess, would be to run XP in a virtual machine and do it through there. Might take some work to get it to work right, but it should be pretty easy to do if you know your way around computers.

Your link to 'virtual machine' listed soaftwre costing $200.
That is way out of my price range.
But thanx.

Some people (Audacity website, among others) insist that Windows 7 has the required drivers to run Audacity program, but not on my computer.

Some people (Audacity website, among others) insist that Windows 7 has the required drivers to run Audacity program, but not on my computer.
Audacity only requires the installation of Audio Drivers. Since you are not trying to use standard audio connections, all guarantees are off.

If you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, running XP Mode in Virtual PC will cost you nothing.

Your link to 'virtual machine' listed soaftwre costing $200.
That is way out of my price range.
But thanx.

I wasn't the one who put the link there, this website automatically did that.
Here's a free piece of software to use for creating Virtual Machines: VMware Player: Run Windows 7, Chrome OS - Free Download for a Virtual PC

Precisely what do you mean by "standard audio connections"?
Are you referring to RCA phono jacks? This is analog (have had much experience) not digital.

My ion usbtt has both phono outputs (unequalized) and usb output for direct connection to my computer.

Why are "all bets off"???

I can assure you there is no 'personl clash' here, sir.
I was once called a 'liar' on another website.

I appreciate any comments, but am beginning to think solution of this problem may be beyond my level of computer expertise.
I shall continue to try, though.
Grats again to all for all past and future comments.

Anyway, trying to stay on topic...

If you look @ the sites I gave you, I believe it appears you can do what you need/want in Win7 w/out any virtualization.

Just gotta grab the software/drivers for 7 OR whatever info & instructions they describe.

GL

Cheers,
Drew

Back