Windows 7 2 questions

piksy

I wish to transcribe my vinyl albums (which I paid for) to cd using an ION TTSB turntable. The software program, Audacity, fails to recognize this input device. Included with the turntable was an installation cd for Mac os10 and Windows XP/2000 only.
Does Windows 7 have the correct drivers for this turntable? I am using the preamp output from the turntable with a usb connection. This connection is to the front usb port on my computer.
I have received comments on other websites that Windows 7 may not have these drivers. Any comments would be appreciated.:razz:

I may have "borrowed" them from a friend of a friend of a friend.

Is that not "piracy", sir??????

"I wish to transcribe my vinyl albums (which I paid for)"
Then you're a liar too?

DEAR MR LOINS
IF YOU HAVE NO INFORMATION TO PROVIDE RELATING TO WINDOWS 7 DRIVERS FOR MY ION USB TURNTABLE, PLEASE KEEP YOUR "MOUTH" SHUT AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE AGAINST FORUM RULES BUT I HAVE NOT YET FOUND A COMPLAINT PROCEDURE.

YOU OBVIOUSLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND MY POSTS. :confused:

SO, GO AWAY AND STAY THERE. :thumbs_up:

:mad: :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DEAR MR LOINS
IF YOU HAVE NO INFORMATION TO PROVIDE RELATING TO WINDOWS 7 DRIVERS FOR MY ION USB TURNTABLE, PLEASE KEEP YOUR "MOUTH" SHUT AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE AGAINST FORUM RULES BUT I HAVE NOT YET FOUND A COMPLAINT PROCEDURE.

YOU OBVIOUSLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND MY POSTS. :confused:

SO, GO AWAY AND STAY THERE. :thumbs_up:

:mad: :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Getting just a little bit snippy, wouldn't you say there chief. First you say you paid for the records, then you say you "borrowed" them from a friend of a friend of a friend (which sounds like stole), then you say you didn't pay for them. All I said was that you didn't need to tell us you bought the vinyl records (even though you later said you didn't), because you can't download a vinyl record in vinyl form from the internet.

I did understand you post. You bought some crappy USB turntable so you can record the albums you didn't pay for (even though you lied and said you did) on to your computer so you can burn them to cd. I get that, trust me. I posted a link to some software that might have helped you with windows 7 not seeing your crappy usb turntable. Why don't you do it proper and get a real turntable and connect it to your amp and run the audio out into your sound cards line in? There. That's twice now I've tried to help, you !@#$% baby. That by the way WAS a personal attack.

By the way... I went to Ions site and they have the software you need there, which makes me think you probably stole the turntable also and that you're not smart enough to just look at the manufactures site.

Last edited:
I will make this as simple as possible serloan:

1. What would be YOUR idea of a "high quality usb turntable", since you are obviously an expert on this subject? I paid for my IONUSBTT, but maybe you can suggest a way to steal a "superior" model.
2. Download vinyl music from the Internet? What an asinine comment. Do you understand the term "ANALOG" ?????.

3. I stated clearly (for others, anyway) that I paid for my albums rather than borrowing them from a friend, etc, who had paid for them. Your asinine remark about downloading vinyl music from the Internet created my attempted clarification. Apparently you failed to get it.

4. I do not copy vinyl albums borrowed from others, only vinyl albums I have paid for myself. Walking out of a vinyl album record store with a vinyl album under my shirt would be rather difficult. I say again "ANALOG" not Digital. Perhaps you have had experience with theft of CDs (by someone else, of course), since it would be so much easier.

5. I hope you are a "volunteer", because nobody should be paid for what you are doing. You would have to pay them.

6. You continue to not understand my posts.
Since personal insults are apparently allowed on this website, I shall once again respond in kind, since you have trouble understanding plain English:

F***O**, YOU AS*H***

Mr. Administrator, if you censor this post, please indicate why sourloins insults are acceptable while mine are not. Also, please indicate how I can report abuse, as is the case on most websites.
Also, please order sir loin to leave me alone, since he/she/it has nothing constructive to say.

When you first say "I may have "borrowed" them from a friend of a friend of a friend." and then "Without paying for them myself, I should have mentioned.", saying things like "I stated clearly (for others, anyway) that I paid for my albums rather than borrowing them from a friend" and "I do not copy vinyl albums borrowed from others, only vinyl albums I have paid for myself." doesn't even make sense. How in the world do you expect other to know what you're talking about when you don't even know what you're talking about? I think I might know why what your trying to do is WAY beyond you.

Also, please indicate how I can report abuse, as is the case on most websites.
Thats would be the little triangle emblem within the blue bar below each posting.

Piksy, I understand everything you are saying. Its not your fault, text in the first post was taken out of context.

Can you get the record player to play at all through the computer?

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE A MENTAL DEFIENCY WHICH PREENTS YOU FROM "INTERPRETING" SUCH SIMPLE (FOR MOST)TERMS SUCH AS "GO AWAY" AND "FO".

HAVE A NICE DAY, IF THAT'S POSSIBLE. ;)
:rolleyes::devil_smile:

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE A MENTAL DEFIENCY WHICH PREENTS YOU FROM "INTERPRETING" SUCH SIMPLE (FOR MOST)TERMS SUCH AS "GO AWAY" AND "FO".

HAVE A NICE DAY, IF THAT'S POSSIBLE. ;)
:rolleyes::devil_smile:

Man, you just keep getting angrier and angrier. So far I've made an off hand remark about downloading vinyl from the internet, and suggested 3 different ways to solve your problem. For what ever reason, you've chosen to flip-flop about paying for records then borrowing records to not paying for them to owning them without paying for them to owning them and paying for them. Then when I say people can't help you because no one knows what you're talking about, you just get mad again. What is it about those records that makes you keep changing your story about how you acquired them, that's what I'd like to know. Two things real quick...
1. Because of your unnecessary anger, not only is is possible I will have a nice day, but it's guaranteed.
2. Prevents has a v in it and deficiency has 2 i's and 2 c's

Man, you just keep getting angrier and angrier. So far I've made an off hand remark about downloading vinyl from the internet, and suggested 3 different ways to solve your problem. For what ever reason, you've chosen to flip-flop about paying for records then borrowing records to not paying for them to owning them without paying for them to owning them and paying for them. Then when I say people can't help you because no one knows what you're talking about, you just get mad again. What is it about those records that makes you keep changing your story about how you acquired them, that's what I'd like to know. Two things real quick...
1. Because of your unnecessary anger, not only is is possible I will have a nice day, but it's guaranteed.
2. Prevents has a v in it and deficiency has 2 i's and 2 c's

I got as far as yer forst lin, dodo.
I am no angrier than I was whsn you called me a liar.
Now that I know you are a pathetic loser, you could not make me angry.
Your continued asinine posts (at least yer consastont) are a source of amusement, since I know it is crapppe as soon as I see yer sourlane.
Keep 'em coming, loser.

I got as far as yer forst lin, dodo.
I am no angrier than I was whsn you called me a liar.
Now that I know you are a pathetic loser, you could not make me angry.
Your continued asinine posts (at least yer consastont) are a source of amusement, since I know it is crapppe as soon as I see yer sourlane.
Keep 'em coming, loser.

Gosh... not all caps? Is that English, or are you just in desperate need of a spell checker? No wonder you can't do your thing.

Guy's please cool it and get back on topic otherwise the thread will be closed.

I'd like to show you guys something...

2012-06-18 18.08.21.jpg

These are vinyl records. Do you think I stole them? I bought them for 5 dollars each at a vintage store in the East Village. Stop arguing over whether or not piksy has stolen vinyl records and a vinyl record player from a store (and arguing back), this thread will just be closed. I am still trying to find a cheap vinyl USB player myself to do the same thing he is trying to do, but I haven't found the time. They have been sitting around for ages (never mind the presumably bad music taste I may endure from posting). The fact is, not that many people steal vinyl records or have vinyl record players. A lot of people inherit them or find them at junk sales (vinyl). Now, if anyone has information about the original poster's question, that needs to be addressed. Otherwise, we will have to take quick action to stop argumentative behavior and poor conduct in this thread.

I wish to transcribe my vinyl albums (which I paid for) to cd using an ION TTSB turntable. The software program, Audacity, fails to recognize this input device. Included with the turntable was an installation cd for Mac os10 and Windows XP/2000 only.
Does Windows 7 have the correct drivers for this turntable? I am using the preamp output from the turntable with a usb connection. This connection is to the front usb port on my computer.
I have received comments on other websites that Windows 7 may not have these drivers. Any comments would be appreciated.:razz:

ION Audio Website - EZ Converter - Software Download Page

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course I didn't think he downloaded them from the internet, but I thought it was funny that he felt it necessary to point out that he paid for them (which was later changed to "borrowing" them and then not paying for them). I did however point him to some software that might help and told him that the maker of his turntable had newer software that supported Windows 7 and told him a different way to connect his turntable to his sound card (this is the way I do it). He took huge offense to my asking why he kept changing his mind over how he got the records. I don't care how he got the records. I've still got mine from 30 years ago, along with my turntable. Admittedly, the madder he got the funnier I thought it was, but I did tell him 3 different ways to reach his goal.

@sirloyne: You misunderstood piksy's first and second posting. Piksy never suggested the records were borrowed, you simply took it that way.
I don't think anyone here would think you illegally downloaded vinyl records from the internet
I may have "borrowed" them from a friend of a friend of a friend.
Piksy give a hypothetical response to your statement about illegally downloading vinyl records. Piksy felt it necessary to make the statement that the records were purchased, because people could borrow records from friends for copying. When you question why the statement was made, piksy then felt it necessary to say why the statement was made.

Now can we please get past this and continue troubleshooting?

BTW, I have used Audacity to rip several LP's but unfortunately that doesn't help. The turn table I used was not USB.

Back