Windows 7 24" iMac with NVIDIA 7300GT

rilsTRON

Hi, I have a 24" iMac with Windows 7 RC (Build 7100) installed on a BootCamp partition.

System Specs are as follows:
2.16GHz Intel Core 2
2.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
Apple Superdrive (MATSHITA DVD-R)

I get a Blue-Screen-Of-Death (BSOD) after installation, during the first boot. I was able to work-around by manually overwriting the installed drivers with Vista drivers (Forceware 169.25). So far, after manually installing the 169.25 drivers, everything seems to be working (even a few games) EXCEPT video playback (downloaded files, DVD discs, internet streaming). When I try to view video, I get another BSOD.

I tried updating the drivers via Windows Update after it finished installing and updating everything, and it would give me a BSOD during boot-up again.

Do I just need to wait for NVIDIA to release more compatible drivers for the 7300 GT chipset, or is there anything I can do now to make this fully-functional?

Thanks!

rilsTRON

It's probably kinda late to reply to this as a lot of people have covered this topic. The main problem is the video card driver. Once that's out of the way, reinstalling Boot Camp software brings the problem back to you. Windows Update has the tendency to "update" your driver to a bad one too with the 7300 and 7600 GT cards. I've posted a step by step guide on getting around this mess. If you're still facing issues, hope the tip helps.

Here's the link: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Cheers,
Yetitin

Back
Top Bottom