Windows 8.1 3 bangs

DENNIS GRAVER

When I turn the computer on I get 3 loud bangs on my Sony 2.1 speakers then they work fine. Any ideas out there???

Have you had an opportunity to check the system with a different set of speakers or perhaps a headset with the problem speakers disconnected?

I use a head set when I excersize so I turned off the computer speakers and pulled the plug from the computer. I plugged the head set into the back of the computer and turned the computer on. I heard 3 beeps in the head set so it seems to be related to the computer. There is a plug marked HD AUDIO from the Corsair 900D case that would plug into the motherboard but where the motherboard guide says it should be plugged in the two plugs are not the same. The motherboard has a blank space at top right and the case has a space top second from right. Could that be it???

Could that be it???
Seems a good first step and easy enough to troubleshoot.... just disconnect it and see if the problem is solved.
I would think that any mis-connection of cables to the motherboard might result in any number of troublesome issues, not the least of which might be a grounding that shouldn't exist or not grounding something that should be.

Last edited:
Seems a good first step and easy enough to troubleshoot.... just disconnect it and see if the problem is solved.
I would think that any mis-connection of cables to the motherboard might result in any number of troublesome issues, not the least of which might be a grounding that shouldn't exist or not grounding something that should be.
I was wrong about the plug. It is compatable and is now plugged in. I think it is the speakers. This morning I turned off the computer AND THE SPEAKERS. I plugged in the headset and turned on the computer. NO BANGS. I will check the settings in the ROG that sprang up when I switched to the headset from the speakers. I'll let you know.

I was wrong about the plug. It is compatable and is now plugged in. I think it is the speakers. This morning I turned off the computer AND THE SPEAKERS. I plugged in the headset and turned on the computer. NO BANGS. I will check the settings in the ROG that sprang up when I switched to the headset from the speakers. I'll let you know.
With the HDMI setup the 3 bangs are more subdued so I have decided to live with it. Case closed. Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom