Windows 7 3 Problems In Win7 That Are Driving Me Nuts!

GhopR

I'm running Win 7 64bit Home Premium and I have 3 problems that are driving me nuts.
The First one: On one of my flash drives I suddenly have three 0 bit files showing up. No names on the files, just symbols. One is like an upside down, backward "L". The other 2 are listed with a "C" with a small line hanging down the bottom of it. I can't delete these files or move them. When I try I get t
his message box: "Could not find this item." "This is no longer located in I:\. Verify the item's location and try again." Had this flash drive for years and never seen these folders on it until a few weeks ago.
Second Problem: Under "Libraries" and under "My Music", I have a folder titled "My Pictures". This folder seems to be a copy of everything that is in "My Pictures" folder under "My Pictures". (Please see screen shot). Shouldn't I be able to delete this folder? It seems like a waste of space to have 2 folders, both containing all the same pictures.
Third (and last) Problem: When I used WinXP, I was able to click on the Icon of my flash drive and click on "Send to desktop". That would give me an icon of small HDD, which I would relocate to my Taskbar. In Win7 I can get the HDD icon on my desktop, but when I try to "pin it to the taskbar" the icon changes to an icon of Windows Explorer folder. Why? I've tried to change it but nothing seems
to work.
Any help from this Forum would be very greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
GhopR:)
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forums.

The First one: On one of my flash drives I suddenly have three 0 bit files showing up. No names on the files, just symbols. One is like an upside down, backward "L". The other 2 are listed with a "C" with a small line hanging down the bottom of it. I can't delete these files or move them. When I try I get this message box: "Could not find this item." "This is no longer located in I:\. Verify the item's location and try again."

If you click "Refresh", are the files still there ?

Second Problem: Under "Libraries" and under "My Music", I have a folder titled "My Pictures". This folder seems to be a copy of everything that is in "My Pictures" folder under "My Pictures".

Is this a shortcut or a copy of 'My Pitures' folder inside 'Public music' ?

Third (and last) Problem: When I used WinXP, I was able to click on the Icon of my flash drive and click on "Send to desktop". That would give me an icon of small HDD, which I would relocate to my Taskbar. In Win7 I can get the HDD icon on my desktop, but when I try to "pin it to the taskbar" the icon changes to an icon of Windows Explorer folder. Why? I've tried to change it but nothing seems to work.

After you have pinned it and changed its icon, make sure to reboot.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

If you click "Refresh", are the files still there ?

Is this a shortcut or a copy of 'My Pitures' folder inside 'Public music' ?

After you have pinned it and changed its icon, make sure to reboot.
Thank you for your reply. Here's are the answers to your questions:

1. Yes, if I click refresh, files are still there.
2. This is a complete copy of the "My Pictures" folder with all it's contents.
3. The Explorer Folder Icon will not change for me. I click on properties, change icon, browse, C:\Windows\system32\imageres.dl, I pick the icon I want and click apply and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Back
Top Bottom