Windows 7 30-40 Uknown Devices Network Adapter

Pandorum

Hello everyone, I've had this problem for a little over a month now and was ignoring it but now I think it is really effecting my computers speed causing ip helper service to use a lot of CPU. Anyways onto the problem.

So I have around 30-40 unknown devices listed under my network adapters in device manager. I cannot uninstall ANY of them, if I click uninstall absolutely nothing happens. I've tried searching on the internet for a solution but no luck... so I am here now.

Also, if I try installing anything like a VPN tap driver(openvpn) it will always fail.

I'm begging someone to help me with this :frown:

Here is screenshot:
unknowndevice.png

There are probably twice as many that aren't shown in the picture :confused:

Pandorum:
Hello and welcome to the forums. Please, if you would be so kind, take some time and fill out your forum profile. Please click the "Settings" link at the top of this page and then on the resultant page in the left colum under the heading of "My Settings" select the link to "Edit Profile" We enjoy knowing about the other members of our community here at Windows 7 Forums, so feel free to fill out as much or as little as you are comfortable with. However; the information regarding your system specifications under the heading of "Additional Information" can often go a long way towards helping us to be better able to help you. Here, in the networking forum, additional information specific to your network adapter's Manufacturer, Model Name, Model Number, Version/Revision Number, as well as the same information regarding your Router (Wired or Wireless), so if you would kindly provide as much network specific information as possible in future posts it may certainly prove helpful in resolving your issue.

Pandorum:
Hello and welcome to the forums. Please, if you would be so kind, take some time and fill out your forum profile. Please click the "Settings" link at the top of this page and then on the resultant page in the left colum under the heading of "My Settings" select the link to "Edit Profile" We enjoy knowing about the other members of our community here at Windows 7 Forums, so feel free to fill out as much or as little as you are comfortable with. However; the information regarding your system specifications under the heading of "Additional Information" can often go a long way towards helping us to be better able to help you. Here, in the networking forum, additional information specific to your network adapter's Manufacturer, Model Name, Model Number, Version/Revision Number, as well as the same information regarding your Router (Wired or Wireless), so if you would kindly provide as much network specific information as possible in future posts it may certainly prove helpful in resolving your issue.
\

That is a terrible copy and paste. Also the Unknown Devices have no information provided about them... everything is unknown. I don't even know where they are from. My network card works fine, I just cannot uninstall those 30-40 unknown devices.

Welcome.

Please see the forum rules so we can avoid any infractions here, as its best not to have to resort to that. :)

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Anyhow, copy/paste each following line one at a time into an elevated command prompt then press enter:

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

---------

Uninstall any 3rd party firewall apps which may be causing your issues.

Reboot after the above.

I'm guessing you haven't unistalled Comodo?

When there is an incorrect configurations, firewalls can cause any network issue(s).

I would also suggest :

1. Scan your sytem for malware, just in case -> 30 unknown devices ... I dunno.

2. Click on each device, properties, see what it says. Update the drivers, try both online and manually specifying this folder C:\Windows\system32. Perhaps once you install the driver for one unknown device, the rest will be gone.

I would also suggest :

1. Scan your sytem for malware, just in case -> 30 unknown devices ... I dunno.

2. Click on each device, properties, see what it says. Update the drivers, try both online and manually specifying this folder C:\Windows\system32. Perhaps once you install the driver for one unknown device, the rest will be gone.
I do not have malware. And I've tried updating the drivers but it does not find anything for them. Everything in properties is unknown.

I'm guessing you haven't unistalled Comodo?

When there is an incorrect configurations, firewalls can cause any network issue(s).
I've had this problem before I ever installed Comodo.

I did try installing Online Armour before Comodo, but was having a speed issue. But I have uninstalled Online Armour since then.

Unfortunately, it likely means that malware is the cause of the multiple entries in the device manager.

You can try scanning with Malwarebytes but a clean install after wiping the drive clean with a low level format is recommended.

It is not malware, I've scanned with malwarebytes so many times. Honestly I cbf doing another clean install and having to download everything again because my internet is slow as hell itself.

There are tons of custom malware that don't have definitions available. I can't really imagine any other reason why all those entries would be made. Probably some root kit trying to do something "creative".

If I may jump in here?
I tend to agree with TorrentG.
If Malwarebytes did not find anything, try this scanner and follow the instructions carefully.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

You may also give a try installing everest software from lavalys (trial version is free), which actually pulls out a bunch of information on your system, including the hardware devices. It might give you more details about these weird entries.

Hth.

Back