Windows 7 32 bit ie8 crashes when accessing any website

uhrigwk

I have been searching for a couple weeks to solve this problem, but I have found nothing that solve my particular issue. I am hoping someone here has some advice to help me through this problem. I bought a new HP laptop with Windows Vista x64 and upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (version 6.1.7600 Build 7600). The upgrade went flawless, everything worked well. Somehow while installing all the apps I use the 32 bit IE has stopped working. I have reset IE countless times, opened with no add-ons and I still get the same result. I have run SFC and it reports no errors.

I suspect it may be some kind of an incompatability that arose when I installed itunes (version 9.0.2.25)or photoshop elements 6.0. I can use 64 bit ie and firefox without problems. This is a real pain because I use outlook for email, and whenever I receive an email with html graphics and I have the readong pain open it causes outlook to crash. I suspect that Outlook uses IE to render the email.
Any help would be most appreciated.

Here is the error message from the sindows system log in case that helps anyone. - System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2009-12-06T09:39:44.000000000Z

EventRecordID 3764

Channel Application

Computer Ali

Security
- EventData

iexplore.exe

4a5bc69e

unknown

c0000005

8d0

01ca7657fcfaced4

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

unknown

4863b20a-e24b-11de-9d4d-001f16db2374

THANKS

Hi and welcome to the forum..
We have had many posts regarding issues after upgrading and the solution has always been to do a clean install.

Drew, there was no link for Windows 7.

Go to Start < Run, and Tye optionalfeatures, Now click IE8 and uncheck the box, restart and go back and place a check in the the box again.

Everyone, thanks for the quick replies. Unfortunately none have worked so far.
Drew,
When I went to the link they do not have a version of ie8 for Windows7, they have versions for XP, Vista Server 2003 and 2008, but no windows 7.
reghakr,
Like you suggested I disabled IE8, rebooted and enabled it. I am still having the same problems.

Any other ideas,
Thanks,

Everyone, thanks for the quick replies. Unfortunately none have worked so far.
Drew,
When I went to the link they do not have a version of ie8 for Windows7, they have versions for XP, Vista Server 2003 and 2008, but no windows 7.
reghakr,
Like you suggested I disabled IE8, rebooted and enabled it. I am still having the same problems.

Any other ideas,
Thanks,
What security are you running?

Have you tried running something like AVG in it's place and seeing if it makes a difference?

Last edited:
If you decide to uninstall Mcafee , I highly recommend you download Universal Extractor

This creates a restore point run the application own Uninstaller, then searches for leftover files and registry entries.

Back