Windows 7 32 Bit Windows 7 Doesnt allow Aero Peek/Shake/Etc

Tallbus1

Hey guys, I have an Nvidia 8500 GT graphics card, and noticed that I couldnt use any of the vista themes besides the basic theme. When I troubleshooted (real word? :p) it said that my card couldnt do Aero. I know for a fact my card CAN do this, because A) I have run a Windows 7 dual boot before and it worked B) It works on Vista which runs Aero. so my larger question is, how do I fix this?

Hello and welcome,
Sorry for all the questions, but........
In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. The manufacturer name and model number of your PC, if applicable
4 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

The exact make and model of your motherboard would be of great help also.
Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version?
Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?
Are you dual-booting?
Are you suing the official RC directly from Microsoft?
Did this occur immediately after install?
Do you recall installing any software that may have caused the problem?

Do you have the Windows 7 drivers directly from Nvidia?
GeForce/ION Driver Release 186 WHQL

This is the 32-bit driver.

If you need the 64-bit edition use this link:
GeForce/ION Driver Release 186

Go to Start > Search, type in Fix problems, select Fix problems with transparency and visual effects. this will bring up the Aero troubleshooter and test your graphic card.

You shouldnt have problems with your card. Try the driver reghakr posted, run Windows Experience Index and reboot.

Alright well Ill get back to you what I can but this is what I have so far

The exact make and model of your motherboard would be of great help also.
Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version?
Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?
Upgrade
Are you dual-booting?
No (although I have another partition that is unused this is my primary)
Are you suing the official RC directly from Microsoft?
Suing? I got it from microsoft yes.
Did this occur immediately after install?
Yes, I never had a normal aero always basic
Do you recall installing any software that may have caused the problem?
No.

I am downloading the drivers now and will get back to you.

I should have stated this earlier.

you should have removed the previous driver from Device Manager, then run the setup for the new driver.

Upgrading is not a good idea, a "clean" install is always better.

I noticed my spelling mistake earlier today and I've been posting that for months,. You're the only one that caught it. I have no fixed it:rolleyes:

was there any error message, if so, give the exact wording.

BTW...The shake feature never worked.

Oh, I dont evn know what the shake feature is lol :p. No there was no error, and I did not uninstall before reinstalling. I definantly can if you think I should also, here are my system specs:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

OK,

So it's basically a budget Gateway and you installed a Nvidia card, correct?

Have you tried disabling the Logmein mirror driver (whatever that may be):confused:

What were the reasons given by the Aero troubleshooter why your system was not capable of it?

You can also go to Start > Run, and type eventvwr.exe and look over the Windows log files for errors and warnings.

Here's the error I get:
Link Removed due to 404 Error
Ill attempt to get rid of the logmein

Did you actually try the method I posted previously?

Go to Start > Search, type in Fix problems, select Fix problems with transparency and visual effects. this will bring up the Aero troubleshooter and test your graphic card.

Back
Top Bottom