Windows 7 360 Controller help, won't connect

Likuzaim

I found and installed the Windows 7 drivers for the 360 Controller. Then took my wireless 360 controller and hooked it up to my PC via USB-Charge cable. My PC recognizes this, and even labels it as so. The light on the cord is green, but the controller just won't connect. I push the Guide button to do so manually, but the ring just keeps blinking. Any idea on how to get it to connect? Sorry if this is in the wrong place, just seems it could fit in 3 different categories, being Game, hardware, and software.

It has to be an Xbox 360 Controller for PC for it to work.
It will not work through the charger cable.

One of my LAN buddies noticed his 360 pad come up with odd issue after updating to build 7600, everytime was plugged into USB the pc BSOD's yet never happened on his previous build...wierd.

Sorry I know I'm nit-picking but.......

It has to be an Xbox 360 Controller for PC for it to work.
It will not work through the charger cable.

This is not STRICTLY true, all my x box controller's work with my pc wireless xbox dongle thingee, and only one of them is a pc 360 controller (the one that came with the dongle)

Whowever you are correct in that the quick charge usb cable will not work on pc. If you want a "wired" 360 pad then you must buy a pc one.

Back