Windows 7 48-bit color

How do I turn on the 48-bit color on desktop ? Earlier versions allowed to choose color in desktop screen properties, and how can I do it in 7 ?

Thank you.

Hey, reghakr, thank you for your reply ... but no, you're way off the track, :razz: , I mean: Windows 7 is to support 48-bit color depth - you know like display properties > 8, 16, 32 bit color in Vista/XP, I wanted to find it in 7, just for the hack of that.

7 wikipedia (48-bit):

Link Removed - Invalid URL

:)

Thank you reghakr for looking into this issue, you know I say thanks because normally I don't see senior members reply to newbies at all. :)

Yes, after a couple of days of trying to figure this out I came to the same conclusion that most likely 48-bit color should be on the final release.

As for the hardware, I got a middle-class card Radeon 4850 1 Gb, which supports up to 64-bit colour - so I wanted to check it out. :rolleyes:

I may be wrong, but its my understanding the only way you can get 48bit colour is a) if your monitor supports it and b) you are using hdmi 1.3 or newer or display port.

Perhaps the option is made not available if you can not support it.

I may be wrong, but its my understanding the only way you can get 48bit colour is a) if your monitor supports it and b) you are using hdmi 1.3 or newer or display port.

Perhaps the option is made not available if you can not support it.

You're absolutely right, even if D-Sub allowed 48-bit then there still would be impossible to see the difference. So, to be able to set the 48-bit color depth, one needs the following:

- Windows 7
- a video card that supports 48-bit color
- a monitor that supports 48-bit color depth and connected through hdmi 1.3

How Windows 7 different from other OS'es available

30-bit and 48-bit Color Depth - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Back