Windows 8 64Bit browser

Hmm.. I notice no Win 8 on the list, does it run ok Dave?

I've tried it and seems to run on Win 8 automatically using all the Firefox settings. It does not seem to run with Roboform tho and with all the passwords I have to manage I cannot run without that.

Not quite with you there, Pat. I am not familiar with roboform, but just had a quick look at their homepage. There is an option in IE/Firefox/Waterfox, to save passwords. Is this a different proposition?

Yes, Roboform is a third party app wich integrates with FF and IE to save passwords but much more. I've used it for years as a secure and portable means of managing passwords and online form filling. WF and FF seem to share somuch that I half expected Roboform to work but although I ran only a superficial trial it seemed not to.

I have never trusted the security of the browser's password capabilities. I use Last Pass myself. It appears to be similar to RoboForm. I like the better encryption. All I have to remember is one master password to sign into Last Pass. Last Pass also has Form Fill capabilities which saves me a lot of time.

Back to the thread. I have just been doing some checks. For "pushing the limits" I go on a particular online game site. I have discovered that Waterfox is using about two to three times more CPU resource than IE or FF.

As longas it's "using" it and not sqaundering it - is WF achieving the objective claimed on their website "Waterfox is specifically for 64-bit systems, with one thing in mind: speed."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. That is a little speculative, but I played the game (snooker) without hindrance. I would not care to qualify and say it was faster or any other improvement.

I tested this within the first week it was available some months ago, and I can't say it's very good. Some of the nightly builds were better (64 bit versions) than this waterfox they had. I found it very buggy with caching issues actually.

Back