Windows 7 6801 Upgrade???

jakerrulz

hey, i was just wondering if someone who has the 6801 build, would it upgrade as microsoft releases the beta and further editions. it would be nice to just run windows upgrade and it would get the beta....

6801 was released to selected Beta testers and handed out liberally at MS seminars. Normally the link for future Betas is sent by Email to the chosen recipients. The suggested procedure is nearly always that a clean installation should be made, for the purposes of the Beta testing.
If you are referring to "Updates" and not upgrade, then the answer would be - No.

Yeah i was unable to use the 6956 install to upgrade from 6801-6956 so i dont know exactly but i agree with davehc that you should do a clean install.

okay.. I want to add to this....

say I have 6801 installed... (which I went back to XP-temporarly)

no updates are going to be available to the next build?

like I have 6801...I cant update to go to the next build?
& the next....next...

& until the final build?

& the next....next...

& until the final build?

Although I can't say for sure that you can't do what your proposing as I haven't tried that yet.. I can say why would you even want to bother upgrading? For all the time it takes to do a clean install these days (especially with how fast windows 7/Vista formats a HDD), doing an upgrade is really kinda pointless when ya think about it. Clean install is just that a Clean install, meaning you get to start fresh and not have bloat from a previous install. Not to mention if you go to MS's site and look it up they will actually tell you that upgrading takes more time then doing a clean install. And if your worried about loosing your settings and what not, well there's not a whole lot I can say about that besides.... oh well.

I donno, that's just me, but I know alot of people just want to get an OS installed as fast and with as few problems as possible and a Clean install is one surefire way to do that. ;)

& the next....next...

& until the final build?
No there will not be upgrades available to future builds. They need to keep the beta test field to a limit and the only way to do that is to hand out the software themselves. So I am sorry you will have to do a clean install if you are going to get the beta version.

I wasn't actually meaning an upgrade....
actually more of an update....
updating through builds?

I would never upgrade....

Upgrade/Update not much of a difference but as Radenight said you will be unable to fulfill the obligation.

which build would anyone think...such as the beta arriving soon....or the final product in 2010...
would be able to have continuous updates for that win7 OS....

so we can quit upgrading to another build everytime?

As I understand it that will not be possible with any build.. well any pre-beta build at least.. maybe the actual Beta will allow you to do that... but I don't think so..

I'll search around and see if I can find a definite answer for ya though ;)

Back