7 Beta

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Alan Whitaker, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Alan Whitaker

Alan Whitaker New Member

Hi All.
    I put windows 7 beta on a spare PC, I have not used it for a bit now, I have just got a full Windows 7 ultimate and was wanting to put it on.
    Tonight I switched the PC on and it won't go to load up, I am not able to go to systam bias setup or post. I was wanting to know if this is something to do with the expired copy of 7 beta I put on.

Alan

2. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Neither bios setup nor post has anything to do with 7 beta, they should go anyway.

3. Alan Whitaker

Alan Whitaker New Member

Thanks for the reply, I found the prob, Now windows 7 went on with ease, about 10 min's after I put it on it came up with not a genuine copy, I have not got any Internet connected to this PC yet so was wondering if this is because I have not authenticated windows yet, I got the copy of 7 ultimate from a well known high street seller, they said it would be ok after I go on the Microsoft site to authenticate the copy, are they right.

Alan

4. Super Sarge

Super Sarge New Member

The Betas and RC 1 had expiration dates, they will not work

5. Alan Whitaker

Alan Whitaker New Member

Hi Super Sarg.
    I had a copy of RC 1 on but have now put a full 7 ultimate on the pc but I have not got it connected to the internet, so will it see it as a copy until I authenticate it with windows.

Alan

6. cybercore

cybercore New Member

If I may ask, what was the problem that you were not able to go to systam bios setup or post ?

7. Alan Whitaker

Alan Whitaker New Member

Hi Cyberscore.
    Keyboard, changed it out and it worked fine.

Alan