Windows 7 7 Less Known Facts about Windows 7

whoosh,

Posted on: November 5, 2008

It's now DirectX 11

I can't get the shake thing to work either.:(

Thanks reghakr was not a member of the forum then so I missed that .

The article is rather dated, Woosh, but nevertheless, the page is an interesting find..
Point 2.1 may be OK but ( I am willing to stand corrected) you would need the appropriate hardware.
Point 2.2 is absurd. And of course,
Point 3. is old hat. It was introduced to lower the resource demand and to improve the startup time. The latter has brought Microsoft a lot of Kudos (for once!) in advance of the release.

Think point 2.2 refered to :

Windows Sensor And Location Platforms - Home

Windows 7 Sensor and Location .NET Interop Sample Library (http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=SensorsAndLocation&DownloadId=5039) The Sensor and Location .NET Interop Sample Library provides an abstraction of the native Sensor and Location API and strongly typed objects for specific sensors for its Sensor Data Report. For example, a light sensor has a strongly typed LightDataReport object. With the Sensor and Location .NET Interop Sample Library, you can create strongly-typed custom sensor objects as well as use the three built-in sensors: Accelerometer3D sensors, Light sensors, and Touch Array sensors. These sensors are part of the Windows 7 Sensor Development kit. This library also provides a unified location API that determines location. With the Location platform, you can use the same APIs regardless of the underlying technology that is providing data, such as GPS, Wi-Fi triangulation, or IP Resolver

Remains as I said in my first post. There is no way you could be tracked using a virtual GPS simulator.

You would need a hardware sensor on your computer to activate the intensity change on your screen.

I agree with what you have said davehc . Just trying mitigating circumstances for the guy that wrote the article :rolleyes:

I am certainly not opposing him. It is a fine site he has there. Imight become a frequent visitor.!!

Back
Top Bottom