Windows 7 7 Next month. Raid 0? Help?

Samm121

Hi guys, I'm going to upgrade to windows 7 next month, December 1st to be precise.
I am currently using a Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.B 1TB (1000gb) hard drive.
I'd like to start a fresh with a new hard drive, (another hitachi deskstar 7K1000.B 1tb) so i can transfer over a few files, and also RAID 0 will be open to me. not forgetting i'll have a total of 2TB :razz:

So, how should i go about this?

Insert hard new hard drive alongside current, install windows 7 onto the new one, THEN set up RAID 0, or what?

Thankyou for any responses,

Sam x.:cool::)

Edit: My specs are
Intel Core i7 920
6GB DDR3
Nvidia GTX 295
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Motherboard

Last edited:
Raid 0

i am in the process of setting up a raid 0 Window 7 64bit with an intel dp35dp motherboard and a core 2 duo chipset 2.33Ghz, i have 6 gigs of DDR2 ram and a 330mb DDR3 Nvidia card, 4 HD two sata 80gigs and 2 Sata 500gig drives.

from my understanding the IDE optical drives do not work properly during the setup process, to bypass this all together i put the windows 7 onto a usb drive (8gig) and the sata driver on a floppy (usb) i set the bios to raid under drive settings but did not raid the two drives, installed windows 7. then on the next start up i went and set up the raid 0. this seemed to work for me.

but recently i tried updating the bios to get my second set of HDs to become useable. this made me get a black screen and i haven't been able to reset the bios as of yet. if anyone knows anything about this Raid 0 64 bit windows 7 setup PLEASE HELP US ~!!!

Back