Windows 7 750i Chipset

Michaelh79

Windows 7 64 Bit edition, automatically installs the (Nvidia-System-Nforce Memory Controller.) That memory controller gave my 750i chipset many memory erros, and fatal crashes related to memory. I ran memtest86 along with a few others, plus windows 7 memory testing, and everything came up clean. At the time I didn't know it was that update that was causing these errors, since I didn't know it was an optional update. So i gave up on 64 bit in hopes 32 bit was just better for whatever reason. I installed the Nforce memory controller, along with alot of updates at once, not realizing the Nforce memory controller got installed. Sure enough memory errors and fatal crashes.
It took me a while to find out that windows7 32 bit, the Nvidia-System-Nforce Memory controller was an OPTIONAL update in 32 bit, and was not an option in 64 bit. I since then reinstalled 32 bit without the Nforce controller, and I have been stable for over 2 months now, without one single issue.
I am 100% certain, this Nforce memory controller does not work with the 750i chipset.
Now my question is, if I wanted 64 bit back, how do I know that the Nforce controller was installed, or how can I stop it from automatically installing, before I run into this problem? Thanks

To keep optional updates from being installed, you can uncheck that box in Windows Update settings. It will then ask if you want to install an optional and you can see what is being installed and hide the one you do not want. Or you can just tell Windows update to check for, but not install any updates until you approve.

Have you checked the Nvidia site to see if a newer controller might be available?

Back
Top Bottom