Windows 7 7Zip?

devtom

Hello,

I want to install my favorite archive prog 7Zip.
Does anyone knows if everything works in win7?
Thx

I Agree 7zip has now replaced WinRAR as my primary compressor for the last 5 months and is spot on.

I Agree 7zip has now replaced WinRAR as my primary compressor for the last 5 months and is spot on.
I was wondering why you switched.
Works like a charm, no doubts. :)

My opinion is that it replaced WinRAR years ago, better compression, faster speed. I once compressed my HL2 Ep1 SAVE folder from 700 Mb to 12 Mb with 7-zip, while WinRAR would shrink it to 40 Mb only.

[FONT=\"Comic Sans MS\"][SIZE=\"2\"]7-zip[/SIZE][/FONT] forever. :)

This answered my question why highwayman switched.
Ima give 7zip a try and wonder since all of compressed files I download are more rar files than 7zip"besides guru3d", if 7zip handles rar formats.

I was wondering why you switched.

This answered my question why highwayman switched.
Ima give 7zip a try and wonder since all of compressed files I download are more rar files than 7zip\"besides guru3d\", if 7zip handles rar formats.

7-zip has a significantly higher compression ratio, especially on raw data. But it does not compress significantly better in all 100% cases, it depends on the type of data.

(e.g. my Portal game Link Removed - Invalid URL folder)

I tested the ultra compressing and shrunk my Left4dead from about 6gig to 2.5gig, which is handy cos hate reinstalling fresh on steam stuff.

Back