Windows 7 80070570 Error

the eNeME

I'm having problems installing Windows 7 on my new PC. I just build the computer using these parts... Not sure if that matters, but there it is. I have set up the two 500GB HDDs in a RAID-0 (the install can see the drive, so I do not think that is the problem). I purchased an upgrade version on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit through a cheaper-than-dirt college program (only $30. And yes, it is legitimate.) This gave me an ISO image which I burned to a DVD.

I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 7 as the first and only OS on my new system.

For whatever reason, when I try to do the install, I get a 80070570 error and the install fails (at around 5% into the "Expanding WindowsFiles" stage).

I assumed, with the aid of some other forum topics, that this was likely due to a bad DVD burn... so I made a bootable Flash drive and tried that... same thing.

Does anyone know what is causing this or a possible solution to the problem?

I am not a RAID person, but do you have that enabled in the bios and are you loading drivers during the install?

Got it working. I had a bad iso... =/ Luckily I saved the downloader program, cause it cannot be downloaded anymore without it.

All working fine now.

In my case the problem was solved by changing the DVD drive. The previous drive was happy with a Fedora iso but not with the Microsoft Windows 7 DVDs .

Back
Top Bottom